Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:27 am

Sheryl>>Ranka

IMO

Though, I knew from the start where it was heading too.

The show is pretty good.

I am starting to really like this show :3

gaunai
Org Profile

Post by gaunai » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:43 am

I've been with this show since episode 1.. and I'm still loving it... unlike most people who stay up REALLY late thrusday night for Naruto and Bleach... I use that as a filler till MF comes out with it's new episode..

Go Sheryl!! Boo Ranka and her green haired Loliness

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:45 am

gaunai wrote: Go Sheryl!! Boo Ranka and her green haired Loliness
I think I will get a long with you :3

duskull
Org Profile

yes

Post by duskull » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:10 am

yes i finally got the sound track for it .

gaunai
Org Profile

Post by gaunai » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Argh! I'm soo ticked.. my fave character dies... LAME

But on the good side... Yay for loli begone!

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 am

I'm about 1/3 through the original 1983 Macross series. I'm starting to think I'm enjoying it more than Frontier if you put aside the animation difference o_O

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Honestly. I'd be inclined to agree.
While Frontier isn't bad, comparatively, it's shaping up to be probably the tamest Macross series out there.
Considering all the set-backs it suffered during production, the original still turned out great.
7 is a love it or hate it series, but that's partially thanks to the fact that, conceptually, Kawamori took a big risk with it. Luckily for him, said risk paid off, and the show sold like hotcakes.
Frontier, meanwhile, great animation aside, feels like a lot of same-old, same-old. It lacks the heart of the original series and doesn't seek to achieve the kind of crazy over-the-top nature that made 7 so memorable.
It's kind of like they settled for mediocre this time around.
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*

duskull
Org Profile

?

Post by duskull » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 pm

you know that in episode 22 alto and sherly did the dirty d

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Having watched original Macross(plus movies and specials),Zero and Plus,I believe that Frontier does a great justice to the saga although it cannot surpass the original.

Animation,mecha design,sound are all top notch.Amazings songs,ultra colorful intros(2nd opening "Lion" is pure greatness) and a quite good plot,though not so good as the original.

What is a bit bad with Frontier are the characters.Basically,the main character.While he isn't bad,he's also not something you'd expect from the main character.Sheryl and Ranka on the other side are quite interesting characters,unlike Alto.I thought that Sheryl was a bitch when I first saw her at episode 1 but as the episode count progressed,she appears to be the most dramatic character.Ranka had also some good moments, especially at episode 20,which imo was the best episode of Frontier so far.

As for secondary characters,Ozma is my favorite and Michel,though nothing special
as a character,gave us quite a dramatic moment.Same goes for Klan.Not much to say about the others...

Anyway,after Code Geass R2,I'd surely vote it for best anime of 2008 second half.Amusing and interesting,nice mecha fights in superb quality and resolution,cool songs.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:09 am

thoughts on second last ep?

because of the amount of anime which = cliffhanger endings which gets resolved in the next ep and the predictablility <- (created a new word) of it, i refuse to believe what happened.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”