Who thinks we'll see this used in amv's?

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Who thinks we'll see this used in amv's?

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:18 pm

A unique technology leap... or at least a cool trick. I dunno how effective this would be but it could be used really really effectively by certain amvers.

Basically the software they are talking about uses photos to enhance low quality video. I especially like the trick with making things dissapear from the video. I'm not sure its as easy as they make it look but maybe just maybe it could be the end of making all those damn keyframes. ;p

Pretty cool video...sorry I can't post it here..

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:15 pm

That is pretty damn cool. I wonder how it will handle animation though...

EDIT - Also would be good to have some sort of indication on how long this process takes. It seems pretty involved. Would it need a render farm to process a 30 second clip in less than an hour?
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:37 pm

And considering how its stated clearly this is for still shots, how would it handle more motion than leaves in a summer's breeze?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:25 am

Well they did have slight motion on most of the clips in the demo video... either camera shake (which they got rid of pretty smoothly) or slight motion tracking.

I dunno I just expect with the level of creativity most people exhibit I think it'll find a happy home in the amv community. And if not you can at least agree its pretty damn cool.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:14 am

Auuu Nooo... Don't give let me know about more ways to make even more crazy videos :)

Vlad

Return to “Effects & Techniques”