How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Derek16438 wrote:...
The Nova Extractor didn't find any .mpg files for Final Fantasy XII which is kind of odd. I will try another game and see if it can manage to locate anything.
You need to use the FF 12 extractor for that, this method will not work.

jwhit265
Org Profile

Post by jwhit265 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:12 am

I'm so confused. I'm stuck with trying to combine the .wav and .m2v when i try with TMPGenc it ses Multiplexing Linear PCM stream to system stream is not supported. Any ideas?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:16 pm

TMPEGEnc Dosent work unless you convert the WAV to MP2 or AC3 and then mux it.

The was a program that i had that allows m2v+wav although its relatively old + i have forgotten the name of it. But i know its a program by TMPG/Pegasus.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 am

Hmm when I use this guide,I only managed to extract the actual FMVs from FFX-2,how would I go about getting the In-game cutscenes?(Like Yuna running in the black farplane by herself)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 pm

capturing it yourself with either a handy usb device or a capture card with the proper imput.

kruemmel
Org Profile

Post by kruemmel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am

Hey all. I'm quite new to this topic and also quite new to ps2. but i'm such a big fan of ffx and ffx2 that i couldn't hold back ;))

I have some problems like mentioned before, i know this thread is quite outdated, but i don't know where to post at all. I really hope you can help me out there, that would be great.

I've sucessfully extracted all videos with the ffx2mov tool. i also got all the m2v files and the wav files. The only problem i have now is that the videos play quite too fast. (looks like 10 times faster than normal). So i tried to convert it with VirtualDubMod into an normal mpeg or avi file but nothing changed. I read about the avisynth tool but i guess i do not really understand that much from it and i couldn't make it work to convert the m2v in a "normal speed" playing movie.

If anyone could help me out the bring the movie with sound playing in normal speed that would be so great.

best greetings and thanks to all
kruemmel

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:55 am

Would it be possible to rip PSP games without damaging the disc to where you can't get it back in the case?

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

While I'm sure it's somehow possible to remove a UMD out of the case without damaging anything, there's no point unless you have some kind of device that can read a UMD other than a psp. Unfortunately, I've never seen nor even heard of one available to the public.

So the only legal way to rip a UMD requires a psp with custom firmware installed.
Once that's done, creating back ups of UMD's should prove to be a relatively simple process.

http://www.noob911.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=57

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:47 am

I see... Once I get it installed it looks fairly easy. Don't places like Best Buy install custom firmware?

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Custom firmware is the kind of thing you have to install on your own (or get a friend to do it for you). No retailer is going to install it. In case you didn't know, while custom firmware isn't illegal on it's own, it does open the door to illegal activities. Therefore sony does not endorse custom firmware and neither will any retailers. I think installing it even voids your warranty.

But if you don't mind any of that, there are plenty of sites with tutorials to help you install it yourself. I could *try* to point you in the right direction if you tell me what firmware your psp currently has.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”