When does VAT close at AWA

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

When does VAT close at AWA

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 am

Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 pm

I believe the VAT closes around 4PM on Sunday.

MCWagner
Org Profile

Re: When does VAT close at AWA

Post by MCWagner » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Real fast; I'm trying to book my flights for AWA but I'm at an impass.

I need two hours at the airport to make sure my flight is secure but the times are as follows

6:35 PM or 8:40 PM

Since I have class the next day I'd rather not err on the safe side only to find out I'm there well longer than I need to be. So it comes down to when VAT closing ceremonies typically end.

If the VAT finishes closing by 4:00 I can take the 6:35 if it closes at 5:00 I'll have to take the 8:40. Could somebody clear this up for me give me an idea of when it will close THIS year (I say tihs year because upon checking old programs it seems to have changed as last year it closed at 4:00 but previous ones it has closed at 5:00).
Our closing ceremonies (VAT) officially end at 4:00. The main closing ceremonies go from then until 5:00, but you need attend those only if you've got complaints/concerns.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 pm

kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.
Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm typically commute was around 20-30 min before

Though if I get out of the VAT around 4:00 that would still get me to the airport around 4:45 by your estimation which is still just slightly under two hours till my flight.
BANG

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
kholaras wrote:Keep in mind that you're still looking at a solid 40 minute commute down to the airport, even more if they're doing southbound construction work on the connector.
Maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to awa this year. I'm always barely getting to the airport on time since I like staying the last day. :x
2009 all the way bud... :up:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
I may make a special announcement soon concerning a certain series of projects for 2009 :up:
The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?
BANG

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
The Castor Crossover Project?

A whole series of AMVs with crossovers each leading to the next through different crossovers? DBZ fighting Bleach - Bleach then fights DGrayman - Dgrayman vs. Gundam Wing?
Something ALOT easier. :P

Return to “Anime Conventions”