1st Place

Best in Show
---------------

Almost Best in Show
------------------------

Iron Editor
------------
Bryce Winant - Not Bryce and the Fat Man
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:09 pm

R.I.P. Trailer/Parody T_T

makenocent
Org Profile

Post by makenocent » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:17 pm

It may be just me... but I honestly thought that this years AMV contest wasn't as good as the other years. And oddly, I found a few AMVs from the amv overflow, that I think were way better then what was shown in the finals. Most we're crap, but a few we're awesome.

Anyone got a list of what was shown in the amv overflow? There was a fate/stay night one that took stuff from the games and the anime. Done pretty well. And a GTO one. I'd love to rewatch them if i can figure out what the name was.

JMI
Org Profile

Post by JMI » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Keep in mind some of the vids (including the dragonforce one) are AMVs that were DQed from the contest for winning first place in a previous contest.

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Gratz to the winners!

I actually thought that the AMVs this year were, overall, much better than last year.

What was with the horrizontal rolling black bar throughout the show? I saw it for everything shown in that room so I guess it was the projector. (Seems like I've seen this fixed before by just reversing the plug?)

Great show, gratz again to the winners!

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! There are a number I'm interested in downloading and I'll await your announcements.

I won't necessarily state my opinion of every contest entry (would like to avoid any potential drama), but as Bryce stated, some of the 'better' videos were those that were DQ'ed because they won a major award at another convention. That of course, confirms that they were 'good videos,' but sadly they were not within the rules for the contest (hence the DQ).

Also Vic these results are a sham! I demand that the Otakon AMV Opening be given the "BEST DAMN VIDEO OF 2008, PERIOD" award. Seriously, that was one of the most impressive things I've seen all year.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

XiaoMovieMaker
Org Profile

Post by XiaoMovieMaker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Haha, I thought the opening was amazing too!
If anybody missed it, you are eternally deprived of flashy graphics and awesome effects~

Anyway, congrats again to the winners! I'm gonna crawl back under my rock and work on my next AMV for NDK~ peace out :roll:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Out of pure idle curiosity, can we get the percentages of the total vote for each winner and runner-up like in past years?

And congratulations to all the winners! I felt that they were all well-deserved... and maybe this unexpected little pattern will convince more people to send their videos to AnimeNEXT... :wink:

Explanation: Of the five winning videos at AnimeNEXT, four were also submitted to Otakon, and <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/158773">three</a> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/159134">of</a> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/159359">them</a> also won their categories at Otakon. Hence, AnimeNEXT = bellwether for Otakon. May be just a fluke, but it was too many videos not to notice.
Last edited by Scintilla on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Congrats to all the winners!! I thought this year's contest was better than last year's. (Last year, I didn't really have much trouble picking a vid for each category, but this year, it was really tough. :P) Anyway, time to start dl-ing! *^_^*
ImageImage

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm

wurpess wrote:Congrats to all the winners!! I thought this year's contest was better than last year's. (Last year, I didn't really have much trouble picking a vid for each category, but this year, it was really tough. :P) Anyway, time to start dl-ing! *^_^*
Ditto. I remember only a handful from last year but this year...it was really tough and could have gone either way. I have a number of vids collected already, but now I want a few more that have yet to be uploaded.

Return to “AMV Contests”