2008 Logo Contest - Winner

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I saw one of the newly submitted banners used the logo as background art - it looks really cool!! I guess as long as the "AMV" is showing, that works. Great idea, whomever made that one! :D
I did that once with the last logo. I was so afraid that it would get immediately rejected for not having it in the foreground. You can imagine my relief when it made it through to be judged by the public. :D

Anyway, I've been messing around with the logo in Photoshop and Illustrator, and holy spline-fest, Batman! That's quite the complex little Illustrator file. I have to say, I'm rather afraid to do much with the .ai file as it has so much going on in it. XD

Very well done, indeed. Now I'm even more impressed with it. :P
... yea ...

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 am

LivingFlame wrote: Anyway, I've been messing around with the logo in Photoshop and Illustrator, and holy spline-fest, Batman! That's quite the complex little Illustrator file. I have to say, I'm rather afraid to do much with the .ai file as it has so much going on in it. XD

Very well done, indeed. Now I'm even more impressed with it. :P
Thanks, although I don't know if it's impressive so much as messy. LOL This isn't the most complex AI file I've ever created, but it's definitely the most chaotic.

And hey, go nuts with it. Just don't accidentally turn off the opacity masks, though I'm not sure if anyone did do that - accidentally or otherwise - if that would be grounds for rejecting the logo in a banner. Save a backup copy, guess? :P

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:30 pm

well i've got 3 banners uploaded with the new logo, 2 are pending vote, and the last is pending approval...

is it just me or are the banners taking forever to be voted upon :? i'll admit i've slacked and haven't made that many in a while, but i remember the voting taking no more than a day, sometimes even just a half day to be decided. and now i'm coming on expecting to them finished and there's still way off. gahh! :x

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Best logo yet.

/returns to the shadows
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:41 am

Just got back from Otakon and processed all banners pending approval (I don't normally do it, but the other admins are still at the con).

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 am

is it just me or are the banners taking forever to be voted upon i'll admit i've slacked and haven't made that many in a while, but i remember the voting taking no more than a day, sometimes even just a half day to be decided. and now i'm coming on expecting to them finished and there's still way off. gahh!
Well, as I have noticed, now it goes at the speed of app. 30-40 votes per day, so 10 banners usually take 4-5 days to be voted "off".

It makes me go gahhh as well, but what can we do. I think the slower speed is done by some people being offended by "they-accepted-silly-logo-I-didn't-like" syndrome, and some people just being offended by the sheer numbers of them.

It's tough to be a banner maker (as you can see in the voting thread as well, with some people voting "logo, which is the hardest for banner creators")

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Soo... whilst we're on the subject of the banners, you can just use "a-m-v.org" in place of "animemusicvideos.org", right? Otherwise, is there any obvious reason these-

-would get flat out rejected?
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 pm

First - for every rejected banner, you should get mail why it was rejected. Check your spam.

And yes, you can't use text "a-m-v.org". Try writing both (a-m-v.org and a-m-v.org) in your browser and see the difference in where it takes you ;+)

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm

EDIT: both (a-m-v.org and a-m-v.org)

Where is mah edit button? D:

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:16 pm

OKAY!

This isn't funny and the auto-repair isn't nice! ;____;

Sorry for obvious triple post, but obviously, two of the four AMV addresses above shouldn't obviously have the dashes. Thanks for understanding.

Return to “Site Announcements”