WMM for Vista Importing problem - codec?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:36 pm

short answer: no
just use vdubmod to re-encode with huffy (WMM doesn't play nice with Lagarith)

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh come on pinky.

We've told you the solution, and the guides do have your solution as well. It's the same thing we've been telling you exclusivly for the past two pages, the DivX codec is your problem and that's that. So don't be bitching about it, just try what they're saying. Every new editor* and their brother has made a thread about this exact same problem. It's well established that You need a different codec, so you'll have to "jump through the hoops" weather you like it or not. What's so hard about opening up V-dub and hitting "convert" anyway?

Your main compliant seems to be that it's worked for you before. So read this carefully. it's random. It's a distribution codec, so that while sometimes an editor will be able to open it, it can't read little important bit's of data. Sometimes you'll just get a footage glitch, most of the time it won't be able to load the footage at all.

Geez, this has been rehashed so many times, it's like you're arguing weather lights run on electricity or "magic". We already know, and it's a given fact, you just refuse to listen.

We've done all we can, we've told you what the problem is, now it's up to you weather you follow our advice or not.

by new I mean with a lack of knowledge, not the amount of videos you've made.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:21 pm

here's a short "guide" to show you how to do it! it's actually rather easy...
JaddziaDax wrote:open the video file in virtualdub mod go to video->compression->Huffyuv
then go to file->save

Ways of saving file space
use those buttons to mark the beginning and the end of the "clips" you want to use so you can save file space.

also go to streams->streams list->disable stream to disable the audio and save even more file space.

SenTrix
Org Profile

Post by SenTrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh yeah i meant Lagarith for Sony Vegas Pro...Sorry, but his right.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”