Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
OropherZero
Org Profile

Macross Frontier

Post by OropherZero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:00 am

Okay I'm a bit slow but I just finally started watching this. This is my first Macross series btw. Yeah episode 1 just blew me away, from the live show being more impressive than the ones in NANA to the fast paced sci-fi space battle.

Erm yeah this is just me starting the Macross Frontier discussion thread so it'll get moved to the 'series' forum section at some point in time :D

Who else is following this?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am

wow, macross frontier is also my first macross series viewed. i've seen some of ther others in amvs but never got around to watching them (might try later). but yes, a very nice combo of drama and action, effects are very well done (much better CG use in many new animes than in the past). the characters are quite well developed as well, i'm quite happy that none of them are of the "i cant stand listening to that person anymore" category

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 am

This is my fifth Macross series (original, DYRL, Plus, Zero), and I personally think it's probably either the best or the second best of them (only the original possibly being better). I do like the several nods in the first few episodes to the original, especially the falling girl/mech arm sequence.

This is probably the best-written love triangle of all of them, the mech designs are beautiful, the characters are all well-rounded, and of course the music is just great.

My biggest hope is that we get the entire story this season, rather than just getting half and having to wait for several months before getting the rest. And I hope that there's a prayer of seeing this licensed, given the problems between Harmony Gold and Big West.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:29 am

whew just caught up to ep16, initially I disliked Sheryl but now I feel sorry for her XD the filming episode makes me want to watch Macross Zero too.

All the songs kick ass and rival the inserts, OP/EDs of NANA.

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:41 pm

I got the R2 Vol 1 of Macross and it looks gorgeous.
I like the characters as well

I am going to continue this series :up:

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 am

So many damn subgroups for this series. I was considering picking it up until I realized that the two groups I wanted to follow it both cut off at points.

Did you guys keep to one or just whatever was fastest?

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:16 am

gg's lag on my laptop so i wait for lunar's xvid :/

duskull
Org Profile

Post by duskull » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:42 pm

i like when a fighting is happening how they add the music and if a concert is happening they tie it in . but it kinda makes me want to watch the hold one where it all started .....good times 8-)

duskull
Org Profile

?

Post by duskull » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:03 pm

does any one no where to get the songs that they sing in this anime or artiste of the songs?

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:54 pm

get coreavc for $15 and you'll have very little problem running gg's files

anyway, new intro is a tad too colorful
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”