Eating at Otakon

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:This all sounds delish! I went to Tir Na Nog a couple of years ago. I didn't enjoy it much :? . Is Edo Sushi a large restaurant? I'd imagine it'd be particularly packed. I ate at the bar at Cheesecake Factory last year and that was decent. A little on the pricier side though.
Edo was kinda good. I'm not big on green tea or the soup though. Beer was great, and the soda was nice. It didn't seem like they let us choose which sushi we wanted though, but that may be because I ordered a particular special; know your fish and you should be good. Not sure about sake. And it's a pretty big restaurant; if there are no more tables inside, there should be outside.

I haven't been to Tir Na Nog yet, but I figure what kind of food they should have, having eaten at an Irish place in Salisbury once. Cheesecake Factory is very pricey; I went in once at the bar for a Jack and Coke. It was all right, I guess.

There's also a Phillip's Seafood nearby, if anyone's that savvy to pay 25 bucks for all-you-can-eat. Still, with prices downtown, it's not far from the norm.

Hell, there's a Lexington Market just up Eutaw Street, we can find just about anything we want and eat on the floor above. Cheap as hell there. Only problem is you gotta deal with EVERYBODY else there. But I digress.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Okay, whatever is decided, you can count in 4 from my end.

Immorrel
Org Profile

Post by Immorrel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:47 pm

As I said above, I'm waiting until Tuesday before I try and make reservations. So if there is major opposition to Uno's, people have until then to decide where we want to do this. Though as of this moment there is only 6 people on the list. Anyone else lurking out there for this?

Immorrel
Org Profile

Post by Immorrel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:26 pm

We're coming up on last call for this everybody. Currently I only know of 6 people who've committed to coming to this fun (I've got 2 and NM is down for 4). Is there anyone else who is going to want to show up for food at Uno's on Thursday night at 7:00 pm? The location is still negotiable, but I haven't heard a definite "we want this place" statement so I'm sticking to my default unless I hear otherwise before I make the call tomorrow night. If there are questions or comments, feel free to PM me or Wurpess (she'll get it to me one way or the other).

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm

It will likely be 3 for me now, but 4 is still possible. Also, we'd have to leave at about 8:30-8:45 to pick up our friend, so we'd definitely need a 7pm reservation. Thanks again for coordinating.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 am

You got me, right?

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:You got me, right?
Now see, I told him his count was off and that you were in, (Actually, I thought he forgot me at 1st, since I hadn't posted in the thread. But I live with the person making the reservations, so. . .:roll:) but he said you didn't say for sure, though, earlier in the thread,
Parodic Productions wrote:I'm game.
So yeah. But I'll make sure he knows. *^_^* (He just left for a work related trip, and was going to make the reservations from there. But he was going to get a final count from me 1st.)

So, we have 6 or 7 right now:
-Immorrel
-Wurpess
-Parodic Productions
-NightMistress85 (3 or 4)

Anyone else? *^_^*
ImageImage

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:34 pm

I haven't replied, but unfortunately have other plans for the night (as do a number of folks staying with me).

I do however encourage folks to go the AMV Panel at 4 on Saturday for an impromptu meet and greet? Maybe...?
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

dwchang wrote:I haven't replied, but unfortunately have other plans for the night (as do a number of folks staying with me).

I do however encourage folks to go the AMV Panel at 4 on Saturday for an impromptu meet and greet? Maybe...?
No prob. ;) It would be nice to get more people for Thursday, but it's not like it's the only opportunity the entire weekend for all us crazy AMV people to meet up. :roll: And Immorrel and I will probably try to make it to the panel. *^_^*
ImageImage

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Just got word from Immorrel. He put in the reservation for 7 @ 7pm. :P It's under the name Ralph. He also said that they said that they don't do separate checks, so bringing cash with you might be helpful. Just a heads up. Anyway, we're going to try and get there by 6:45 or something so we can get things straightened out, etc. But we'll see what happens. Anyway, look forward to meeting you both and we'll see you tomorrow night. *^_^*
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Conventions”