Otakon 08

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:01 am

Immorrel wrote:
Parodic Productions wrote:Anyone interested in doing the AMV dinner this year?
I'm game for at least starting the process. To my knowledge, historically this seems to happen at the UNO's on the Baltimore Waterfront on the Thursday when Pre-Registration is going on. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
MMMM Uno's. You all would have to forgive me for being in my hoity toity business suit, but I'm leaving work early that day to check in, so I'll certainly be around. :)

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, I can make plans for people if you'd like. Reserve some tables and whatnot. I'll need to know how many people to reserve for though. Maybe I'll open up a new topic for the dinner.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:Anyone interested in doing the AMV dinner this year?
I haven't received word on my panel, but traditionally (OK not last year), we did a lunch after the AMV panel on Saturday as well. Again, not sure on the times, but I was hoping to first find that out before getting anything rolling.

...then again, it's usually fairly impromptu.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Immorrel
Org Profile

Post by Immorrel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:50 am

I think we have enough questions going around to start a separate thread for this discussion. I'm game for any and all social gatherings, so let's see if we can get something organized :P

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Immorrel wrote:I think we have enough questions going around to start a separate thread for this discussion. I'm game for any and all social gatherings, so let's see if we can get something organized :P
I hope someone starts one soon. Sounds like a few people would be up to it. :D

L.Fist
Org Profile

Post by L.Fist » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:26 pm

It would be a privilage to get to meet some of my fellow AMV coordinators. I hope to get a lot of pictures. Plus I'm planning on setting up random sections so we can do some Caramelldansen. Anyone care to join? ^_^

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:29 am

Can anyone who's gone in recent years tell me if the good old tradition of handing out tons of AMV CDs at the panel is still alive and well?

Did this once in 2004 and managed to get rid of all 50 of the CDs I'd brought, and AS now has 5 years' worth of videos, so it should be no problem filling a disk...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:42 am

For those more local to Otakon or are just more familiar, is there a possible meet up spot for people that is easy for those not familiar with the center or otakon to have the saturday lunch. Thursday night is always tough as people are often driving and flying in which means check-in time can be unreliable.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 pm

It seems like everything is right at your disposal though when you get to the inner harbor area. You could also always just ask the hotel staff too. It's hard to miss a lot of things there. Then there's always just the front of the convention center.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:07 pm

I guess I should go to Otakon...
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Return to “Anime Conventions”