2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm

well i didn't make the finalists this year, however 3 of my choices did ^_^ 2 of which i would have preferred over mine anyway.

i am now stuck between which of the two to choose... :?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Wolfii wrote:
Corran wrote:
Wolfii wrote:My opinions on final six:

3 pieces have so small side fonts, that they won't be noticeable on logo version at all (in fact, in one of these I just now noticed it's there)
Notice how small the font is on the current logo in the forum as compared to main site? The way it is on the forum is how it was submitted. If needed we will adjust the font... or remove the text altogether depending on how the logo is used. The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

On a personal note, there is one logo in here that I like more than any other logo this site has ever had.
The current logo's small text is still readable, though, which isn't true for... *correction* two of this year's finalists. Based on previews.
But it wouldn't be, if you just took the forum (original) version of the current logo and resized it down to fit on the main page. That's why, as Corran Productions said, the font had to be adjusted for the main page version of the logo.

And they'll do it again, if the winning logo requires it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Rider4Z wrote:well i didn't make the finalists this year, however 3 of my choices did ^_^ 2 of which i would have preferred over mine anyway.

i am now stuck between which of the two to choose... :?
Whichever works better on the a-m-v.org t-shirt Web site, of course. ^_^

Oh yes - and thank you Jasper-isis for the previews, it's very helpful! I hope people take a good look and vote accordingly. :) Can we have some t-shirt previews, too? j/k

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Hmm... VH1, firefox (or Ocean Spray), Sketchers, Cisco... I think i've seen some of these logos before. :lol:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ihavethedeathnote
Crazy Screamer
Org Profile

Post by ihavethedeathnote » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm

theres a couple i only like :D

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:53 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Hmm... VH1, firefox (or Ocean Spray), Sketchers, Cisco... I think i've seen some of these logos before. :lol:
http://www.logodesignlove.com/similar-original-logos
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:03 pm

omg can u say "a lot of free time"? :lol:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 pm

dokidoki wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Hmm... VH1, firefox (or Ocean Spray), Sketchers, Cisco... I think i've seen some of these logos before. :lol:
http://www.logodesignlove.com/similar-original-logos
lol. :lol:

Cool. Finals'n'shit. *^_^* Quick question, after seeing the mock-up, let's say the creator of a logo thinks it would look much better on the front page if some of the text was bigger. If it did win, would they be able to change it before things become "official"?
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:24 am

godix wrote:You guys couldn't vote for the scribbled smiley? WTF is wrong with you? A childlike misspelled and obviously amateur design was a PERFECT fit for the org. Bah, you all fail.
The lack of smiley made me lose my smile.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Ileia wrote:Do we know how this compares to the numbers of voters we had last year?
I forgot to take a look at last year's stats before they were cleared for this year, so unfortunately no. :(
wurpess wrote:Quick question, after seeing the mock-up, let's say the creator of a logo thinks it would look much better on the front page if some of the text was bigger. If it did win, would they be able to change it before things become "official"?
The winning logo's text can always be adjusted as needed.

Return to “Site Announcements”