The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:06 am

oo ok thank I'll try that :)

saruto23
Org Profile

Post by saruto23 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 am

hey, ive been trying to get on the vegas tutorial site (vegas.aoi-tori.org) but it isnt working. If i try to go to it, it just stays white. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 am

saruto23 wrote:hey, ive been trying to get on the vegas tutorial site (vegas.aoi-tori.org) but it isnt working. If i try to go to it, it just stays white. Does anyone know what might be wrong?
I'm not sure why that is either. I tried going there a few months back and I got the same thing.

Anyway, since I'm here, I'll ask this: How do I move stuff in several layers simultaneously? I'm going to add some audio before the beginning and I decided to do this just recently and I've already put some of my footage into a timeline and this took some time just to get in and sync.

AngelicFury
Org Profile

Post by AngelicFury » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Ok I have a question ... how do I create clips out of the Episodes that I have in sony vegas so I can use them?

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:56 pm

AngelicFury wrote:Ok I have a question ... how do I create clips out of the Episodes that I have in sony vegas so I can use them?
Right Click>Open in Trimmer> Put markerts around the section you want to cut out>Double-Click> Draw to the timeline.

AngelicFury
Org Profile

Post by AngelicFury » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Oh Ok thanks PhysicianStrudel ^_^ >_> Now I feel soo stupid though xP

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:03 pm

SquallxRinoa(one of my favorite pairings), just how long have you been working on this video? I've been coming to this thread for a while and I've noticed that your help screens consist of Kingdom Hearts series footage. Have you been working on one for video for the last several months, or what?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 am

PhysicianStrudel wrote:
AngelicFury wrote:Ok I have a question ... how do I create clips out of the Episodes that I have in sony vegas so I can use them?
Right Click>Open in Trimmer> Put markerts around the section you want to cut out>Double-Click> Draw to the timeline.
you can set up vegas to automatically open project media in the trimmer when you double click :3
I'm not at home so I can't tell you how to do it (I'd have to go through Vegas again to find it) or else I'd say how...

AngelicFury
Org Profile

Post by AngelicFury » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 pm

I've commented somewhere in here before i think ... and know that Divx/Xvid Formats are bad to edit with so I just wanna know ..

What formats are good for editing with Sony Vegas and what converter do I use to convert videos to said formats ?

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Encoding the videos into HuffyUV or Lagarith are what you should use. Personally, I use Lagarith for the clips and encode my master as a HuffyUV. Anyway, you can do that in Virtual Dub Mod. Just have your settings at Fast Recompress instead of Full Processing Mode.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”