Brainless Violence

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

...wow, that was a lot of masking. Lip and AR needed work, otherwise good stuff. Good effort.
4/5

nikolakis
Org Profile

Post by nikolakis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Flusel wrote:The beginning was quite catchy for me, and it is very well done over all. However, this AMV does not work for me in means of 5/5 because I am absolutely alergic against Naruto-Scenes. I also dislike the track. But if someone does not mind this, is is really great. Some parts seem to have wrong aspect ratio though.
i am glad you like the beginning i had several betas - ideas about it, so having someone praising my final selection makes me really satisfied.

About the wrong aspect Ratio it was a necessity even though its not "ugly" or frustrating

Flusel thanks for downloading and commenting this video even though you knew it contains this song and Naruto scenes
ZetZu wrote:I love it x] Was fun to watch and was entertaining me pretty much to the end :up:

might be cause im madly in love with the song O:
I agree this song is really great and i made my "Test"
Listening it every day many many times for 7 months without committing suicide makes it really unique... hehe :)

Zetsu i am glad you liked it, all your comments motivated me to finish it so i am really grateful :)
Pas1990 wrote:
nikolakis wrote:This Amv is all about crazy, violent, stupid, psycho, cute little girls... and ofc unlucky guys who suffer from their brute side.
Liar. I see no "School Days" listen on your anime list.

/gets

EDIT: that was good times 4/5
I didn't say it contains every anime which fills these criteria :P
even though you are right i should add school days but what is done is done :(

Pas thanks for your comment i am glad you liked it :):)
Niwa-kun wrote::up:

I should hire more of those Greek maids O:
Whats FMS's Salary being a maid under your care? Accountant's Curiosity hehe

Niwa i am glad you liked it and thanks commenting :):):)
Kevmaster wrote:cute.
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Finally uploaded.It took you a while but it was worth waiting!!
I should now call you masking Nikolakis from now on...

Amazing work and editing,you know exactly my thoughts on this one.It was funny and crazy at the same time,while maintaining a fast pace.Add to it one of my favorite Offspring songs and the result is a blast.^^

5/5 + opinion

ps:You should have seen what happened when Offspring sang "What Happened to You" in Malakasa 4 days ago.
I should Have been at offspring concert, me and my luck arf :(:(:(:(

Full metal sempai you have been a great help making this video, beta testing all these betas and ofc convincing me that this video is "decent" ... :S
Thanks for everything :)
AaronAMV wrote:Nice one.
Aaron thx :)
I am glad you liked it :)
includeownage wrote:Nice, I really envy people with guts to do masking like that. ;S Likes it <3.
includeownage thanks for commenting and leaving an op :)
Kalium wrote:I believe I spotted a few AR issues. Anyway. That was a lot of fun. Very much keeping.
Kalium thanks for downloading and having fun watching my amv :)
guy07 wrote:...wow, that was a lot of masking. Lip and AR needed work, otherwise good stuff. Good effort.
4/5
Guy07 thanks acknowledging my effort i had so many boring months making all these masks :(
Many times i was really close to abandon it :(
ImageImage

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Kalium wrote:I believe I spotted a few AR issues. Anyway. That was a lot of fun. Very much keeping.
Even his Avatar has AR issues.

To bad though I found the video to ge redundant and boring after I first expected a nice Metal + Action video and I got random fanservice and guys beaten up by girls. Not my cup of tea, but as long as others enjoy it it's cool. Just you need to work a little more on your timing and the mixture of editing sync and flow.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:53 pm

I thought I was enough for you already..

Or are you bored of me?..

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Warheart wrote:

To bad though I found the video to ge redundant and boring after I first expected a nice Metal + Action
Offspring? metal?

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

That is a lot of masking o_o!

I did enjoy this and there were those minor errors that people were saying but it really didn't bother me.

4/5

I might be keeping this for a while O;

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 pm

I really didnt want the video to end =/ there are techincal errors but I found the video to be very fun. The "this is genius" text you added really put a smile on my face <.>

the only problems I had with the video was the continuous Naruto masks and the subtitles at :37

nikolakis
Org Profile

Post by nikolakis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 am

Warheart wrote:

To bad though I found the video to ge redundant and boring after I first expected a nice Metal + Action video and I got random fanservice and guys beaten up by girls. Not my cup of tea, but as long as others enjoy it it's cool. Just you need to work a little more on your timing and the mixture of editing sync and flow.
About my avatar^ i resize everything with Sony Vegas using event pan/crop with enable snapping on from each side ( i didn't resize each side randomly...)
The same applies to everything... the AR issues which many noticed i purposely leave them like that.

Warheart thanks downloading this amv and leaving a comment :)
Cast to Stone wrote:

I thought I was enough for you already..

Or are you bored of me?..
Any comment about the video?:P
LeapofFate wrote:That is a lot of masking o_o!

I did enjoy this and there were those minor errors that people were saying but it really didn't bother me.

4/5

I might be keeping this for a while O;
LeapofFate Thanks enjoying my video and thanks for leaving an opinion :)
Shinodude wrote:I really didnt want the video to end =/ there are techincal errors but I found the video to be very fun. The "this is genius" text you added really put a smile on my face <.>

the only problems I had with the video was the continuous Naruto masks and the subtitles at :37
Shinodude I am glad you like it :)
I will try to avoid the same mistakes on my next videos...
ImageImage

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:09 am

Lots of fun =o
Gotta say that when I saw this video, the hope I had for masking remaining in AMV's jumped from 0% to 1%. Good job on keeping the hope alive and good job on the video.

Omikami_Amaterasu
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 pm

heheheh fun video!

couple of small things:
1) some of the fast action sequences have macroblocks - presumably from the source. probably wanna filter those out.
2) aspect ratio issue on some of the footages - I would crop the sides off slightly just so the stretching isn't so obvious. :)

and yes, very decent masking!!!
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”