File Types.....

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Mistypearl
Org Profile

File Types.....

Post by Mistypearl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Yea, soooo I converted my clips and all that jazz, but I can't exactly follow some parts of the wonderful, helpful guides up thar on the site... so I was wondering if anyone could help. My files are now quicktime files, and can't be played/used in WWV, so I was wondering how I can convert them to a filetype whatever that can be used in named program... sorry if it's a lame question!

Thank you all soooooo much, again, and..... again .-.

:)
"Why inside me?" "Because you are twisted due to your inferiority complex." - Wedding Peach Awesomeness

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:22 pm

You should use avi as container and huffyuv or uncompressed as codec (I heard that lagarith is WMM unfriendly...). Since they weight a lot, you should convert entire episodes, but just bits and scenes you're actually gonna use. :wink:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

mirkosp wrote:You should use avi as container and huffyuv or uncompressed as codec (I heard that lagarith is WMM unfriendly...). Since they weight a lot, you shouldn't convert entire episodes, but just bits and scenes you're actually gonna use. :wink:
Maaaan, I so wanted to press the preview button... whatever, fixed. >_>"

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:37 pm

what are you editing on? a mac or a pc?

Mistypearl
Org Profile

Post by Mistypearl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:50 pm

I use a pc, and mirkosp, that seemed informative and helpful, but I still don't understand .__. sorry!
"Why inside me?" "Because you are twisted due to your inferiority complex." - Wedding Peach Awesomeness

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>
new banzors in the making :p

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Autraya wrote:Read <a href="http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtechbeta/">The Updated ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>
link fixed for the new one.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Mistypearl wrote:I use a pc, and mirkosp, that seemed informative and helpful, but I still don't understand .__. sorry!
Well, basically, things like AVI, MOV, MKV, etc. are containers, whereas things like DivX, XviD, MPEG, HuffYUV, and Lagarith are codecs. So, your best bet is to use VirtualDubMod to transcode the files that you have to a HuffYUV encoded stream inside of an AVI container.

Thing is, HuffYUV is a lossless codec, which just means that it doesn't lose any quality upon being transcoded. But, as a result, file sizes become very bloated. So instead of trying to encode an entire series at one time, it's a better idea to only encode small clips that you think will be helpful in your AMV.
... yea ...

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”