AnimeNEXT 2008 AMV Contest -- RESULTS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm

See you there? I'll be the one in the black Aquiline Studios T-shirt (the image on it is the same as my avatar).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Dragon/Roy
Org Profile

Post by Dragon/Roy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:46 pm

I'll be there too , But i will be there a little in the afternoon Because I have a Exam in the morning. (I'll have a Hat that says Dragon/Roy on it) and idk if ill make it to c the contest from the start but ill try to make some of it on the first day.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Man, I wish I could be there. I was planning to go tomorrow, but a sudden onset of car engine trouble put an end to that. Oh well.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:27 pm

All right, nobody else has done it yet, so here's the unofficial list of winners:

Judges' Award: Ijexis's FF7:AC video which does not appear to be up yet
Trailer/Parody: Drewaconclusion's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 190">YTMND AMV</a>
Romance: Dragon/Roy's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 34">Eureka Seven video</a> (dude, sorry I missed you, but I was looking for a hat saying "Dragon/Roy" and never saw one)
Action/Upbeat: Jubjub2's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 59">Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger video</a>
Drama: Scintilla's <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">Princess Tutu video</a>
Comedy: I don't remember who made this one, but it was the TMoSH video to "Girlfriend".

I felt that there were a good deal of videos this year that, while they may not have had the strongest concepts, still demonstrated a great deal of promise in their creators. A lot of people showed clearly that they knew a thing or two about such things as synching and keeping synching interesting. Cases in point: the Nerima Daikon Brothers video (lots of fun), the Chrono Crusade video (would have been awesome with less lip synching), the Slayers video (would have done very well in Upbeat)...

Is this the part where I say "Congrats to all the winners", or are we supposed to save that for when VegettoEX posts the official results?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:49 pm

I am still deeply surprised that I even got an award(i was jumping in my seat like a fanboy when I saw my name on the screen, being my first con entry and all XD)
Still kind of bummed the audio just failed on my vid about 10 secs in on Friday :sad: they got it back, but alas it wasn't quite the same. Anywho, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the vids. I will be uploading my entry as soon as I possibly can...and I will make sure to write out a script to explain the story if some people didn't complete understand.

Oh and I completely missed you Scintilla, never saw the shirt, or I just wasn't being very observant...:sad:

Oh, and congrats to all the winners :D
Last edited by Ijexis on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Wow.... :)

Congrats to all, and thanks for the speedy post, Scintilla!

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:05 am

jubjub2 wrote:Wow.... :)

Congrats to all, and thanks for the speedy post, Scintilla!
Ha! Jubby! (can I call you Jubby? know what, I shall!)
When I saw your vid on the ballot, i told my friend, "I saw that. She's winning the Upbeat for sure."
Then I saw Scintilla's name in the same Category as mine and I told him, "...now I'm sad" XD
Even though we didn't even get to drop off our ballots, completely forgot until the Cosplay Masquerade had started XD

VespaBee
Org Profile

Post by VespaBee » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 am

Scintilla wrote: I felt that there were a good deal of videos this year that, while they may not have had the strongest concepts, still demonstrated a great deal of promise in their creators. A lot of people showed clearly that they knew a thing or two about such things as synching and keeping synching interesting. Cases in point: the Nerima Daikon Brothers video (lots of fun), the Chrono Crusade video (would have been awesome with less lip synching), the Slayers video (would have done very well in Upbeat)...
Is this the part where I say "Congrats to all the winners", or are we supposed to save that for when VegettoEX posts the official results?
Thanks for the shout-out. :3

I was thinking about the Upbeat category, but I didn't think the song and editing style I used would've fit. Congrats to everyone!

SharinganBlue
Org Profile

Post by SharinganBlue » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 am

I had fun at the con and also happens to be more fun here than at ICON, that's for sure. I saw the AMV contest and I was seeing some great videos although there were a couple of others that I could barely stay awake for. Anyway, congrats to the winners and it was especially tough for the Drama category, there were two or three videos that I really like.

Dragon/Roy
Org Profile

Post by Dragon/Roy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Just Back Home for the Convention. Congrats to all the winners , and Scintilla i was looking for you too and seeing if i saw a black Aquiline Studios T-shirt and I didnt c one, I didnt get to make it to the friday showing but I made it to the Saturday showing , and if u heard a bunch of fan girls screaming after my vid was finish , it was my friends lol . Well congrats to everyone and hope to c you guys someother time

Return to “AMV Contests”