A-Kon 19 VSE: WINNERS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nekotic
Org Profile

Post by Nekotic » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 am

Perhaps I should read closer but as i've skimmed through, most of the topic seems to be dedicated mainly to the Experts side of the contest. I'm about the e-mail them to to ask my ranking but....this are my question...

The Amateurs contest was rather awesome to me in general. The showing, that is. There were plenty of great videos and a few less-than par videos, including mine.

What miffs me is the best of show winner. I can't quite wrap my head around how that won compared to the others. I've gone through both legal and illegal ways that may have happened but, then again, we are always subjected to our own views so I could have missed the "awesome" that it was. Could someone explain how that video won of all of the great videos that were there?

Either way, Congratulations to everyone. n_n I'm glad I was able to go to a large convention finally and see the audience's reaction to my and others videos! It was an eye opening experience, both good, and bad.
~You may think i'm insane, but the chibis in my head tell my brain to tell you that you are as well!~

Trilaan
Org Profile

Post by Trilaan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 am

Was the amateur the Fanworks or the Fan's Exhibition? Oh well, either way I agree the winners were nothing too special in my opinion.

Oli.C
Org Profile

Post by Oli.C » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 am

Congratulations to all winners! :)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:40 am

Trilaan wrote:Was the amateur the Fanworks or the Fan's Exhibition? Oh well, either way I agree the winners were nothing too special in my opinion.
the fans exhibition = amateur

Fanworks = anime related or my disney crap, scob's jdrama crap, Final Fantasy videos, and that awesome Apprentice parody video, the "ads", comedy routines and that 3D thing?
~~~~~~~

I think the people talking about the Expert's contest are talking about it because that is what they entered.

And not to mention: I totally missed the Fan's Exhibition because I was driving to Dallas at the time.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:02 am

JaddziaDax Wrote:
routines and that 3D thing?
I believe you are talking about my .Hack G.U. Trilogy AMV. I worked hard on that. Originally, it was in the Fan's Exhibition but was moved to the Fanworks Contest due to the 3D/CG Footage.

I haven't seen the one you entered yet Jaddzia. I plan on downloading all the vids I was up against, so I could see the scope of my competition. I didn't think I was gonna win, as it was my first video entry to any con, anyway, before I go off on a tangent, congrats everyone.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 am

Actually I was talking about the Project A-ko "parody/trailer" thing O.o
but yea there was yours too O.o

The audience laughed at mine when they saw the title screen.. lawl :3 then when it got into it... silence O.O if you wanna find mine, it's on my site.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:22 am

Oh man, I totally should have made something for A-kon, at least the HAMV category. Congrats to all the winners... :D

Can I get one of those Shining Fingers shirts?

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm

heck yeah MJ you can have a shirt, i missed you guys ever since i pulled 4 Ace at the poker game at Ushicon, i have to get more shirts run seeing as we gave all the extras out.
What is your size, we got a few caps left to give away.

oh yeah your myspace link isnt working
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:25 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:heck yeah MJ you can have a shirt, i missed you guys ever since i pulled 4 Ace at the poker game at Ushicon, i have to get more shirts run seeing as we gave all the extras out.
What is your size, we got a few caps left to give away.

oh yeah your myspace link isnt working
XXL for me...and hook me up with a cap too, I still have the last one you gave me... :D

Trilaan
Org Profile

Post by Trilaan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:Actually I was talking about the Project A-ko "parody/trailer" thing
I actually enjoyed it. I bet that the number of people who know that A-kon comes from Project A-ko is rather small.

Return to “AMV Contests”