Flying to a Con?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
TaranT
Org Profile

Flying to a Con?

Post by TaranT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:35 am

Leave that special tee in your luggage. Or not.
An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed 'offensive.'

The IT consultant was set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf in Germany when he was pulled to one side.

Mr Jayakody said the first guard started joking with him about the Transformers character depicted on his French Connection T-shirt.

'"Then he explains that since Megatron is holding a gun, I'm not allowed to fly,' he said.

'It's a 40ft tall cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. There is no way this shirt is offensive in any way, and what I'm going to use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

He was cooperative with the supervisor and took off the the 'offensive' T-shirt, replacing it with another shirt in his carry on luggage....

source with photo

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:12 pm

1. That's typical Heathrow Airport for you

2. That's Optimus Prime, not Megatron

3. I believe this is off topic for this place
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Anime Conventions”