Pinnacle DV500 DVD??

Jas113
Org Profile

Post by Jas113 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:03 pm

Overall, Mostly I am using footage from DVD to I just rip them and use them acordingly. Would the product be worth the pricetag for my use. Thanks for the help!
That is what i mean, Are the Realtime editing features (basicly everything on the card other then the capture feature) so good that it makes this card a smart buy for me?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:28 pm

Jas113 wrote:
Overall, Mostly I am using footage from DVD to I just rip them and use them acordingly. Would the product be worth the pricetag for my use. Thanks for the help!
That is what i mean, Are the Realtime editing features (basicly everything on the card other then the capture feature) so good that it makes this card a smart buy for me?
If you want to convert all your DVD footage to DV and then edit using that the card will do realtime effects nicely. If all you really want to do with this card is use it for realtime effects with your DVDs, then it's probably more trouble then it's worth.

You may want to try out the MJPEG + Avisynth combo detailed in the guides, if you want to improve render speeds while editing.

~klinky

Jas113
Org Profile

Post by Jas113 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:44 pm

Can you give me another reccomendation for a Vid edit card if i cant afford this. Thanks

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:52 pm

Only other ones that come to mind are the RT2500 and some of the DVRex stuff, those are into the thousands though :\

~klinky

Jas113
Org Profile

Post by Jas113 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:42 pm

If i dont capture then a DC10 or DC30 wouldnt help either, correct?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:49 pm

Jas113 wrote:If i dont capture then a DC10 or DC30 wouldnt help either, correct?
bingo! ;)

Most all capture cards are meant to "accelerate capturing". They take the load off the cpu when capturing video, also alot of them have nice filters and multiple hook ups so you can use all sorts of devices to get video from.

Only thing is that if you're using DVDs, you can just rip them & preserve perfect quality through out editing. This totally eliminates the need for a capture card, unless you have a bunch of VHS tapes that you're just dying to turn into a AMV.

~klinky

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:52 am

if you want something that will help in pure DVD->AMV with out any analog...

get a dual P4 Xeon 2.8 Ghrz machine with dual channel PC1066 RDRAM

then you can do realtime DVD editing...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Return to “Hardware Discussion”