The Coolest AMV I've Made So Far...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
The_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

The Coolest AMV I've Made So Far...

Post by The_Mad_Hatter » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:08 pm

Outlaw Star with Rob Zombie's "Feel So Numb". Only it's not quite finished. I wanna know what others think of the first section before I start work on the end part. You can get the video on my FTP from the time I post this message to about 8pm my time.

Here's the info:
IP: 66.191.26.217
User Name: you
Password: flonk

Quick browser link: ftp://you:flonk@66.191.26.217

Couple quick notes, first anything after 2:34 isn't going to be in the final version, it's just filler until I make the end part. Also what I'm primarily interested in knowing is whether you think I should extend the lip synch part for another 2 or 3 seconds and how well you think the image flashes coincide with the beat of the music.

The_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by The_Mad_Hatter » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:22 pm

BTW if you're thinking this is some spastic piece of shit like so many DBZ/Linkin Park videos...it's not. You won't be dissapointed I can assure you.

Also, figured I'd mention that I'm looking for someone to host the final product, it'll probably be around 30mb or so.

As for the current video stats it's 352x240 res, with 750kbps CQ VBR, 23.2mb in size, and done in MPEG-1.

OhMyBelldandy009
Org Profile

Post by OhMyBelldandy009 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:40 pm

Hi, I'm watching your video now, and for what it is, I like it. Better than any DBZ video. What's with the weird outline? I like it, it's different. So far all of your flashes match up perfect in time, except the one where you show Gene's face and then his eye. Make that more dramatic. Hold on, lemme watch the rest. Okay, the filler will be fixed up, so thats good. The lip synch is almost perfect, you could tweak it if you want, but it's fine the way it is. Also, the quality of the video is FANTASIC for Outlaw Star. Do you have it on DVD? Also, if you want to aim it more away from DBZ type videos, show some people interaction. Like when the characters are mad at eachother or something like that. Repetitive space ship stuff with repetitive music bores people!

"Hurry up and go to sleep so I can ravish your body in ways you can't even imagine." -Paizuri

The_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by The_Mad_Hatter » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:48 pm

OhMyBelldandy009 wrote:
Hi, I'm watching your video now, and for what it is, I like it. Better than any DBZ video. What's with the weird outline? I like it, it's different. So far all of your flashes match up perfect in time, except the one where you show Gene's face and then his eye. Make that more dramatic. Hold on, lemme watch the rest. Okay, the filler will be fixed up, so thats good. The lip synch is almost perfect, you could tweak it if you want, but it's fine the way it is. Also, the quality of the video is FANTASIC for Outlaw Star. Do you have it on DVD? Also, if you want to aim it more away from DBZ type videos, show some people interaction. Like when the characters are mad at eachother or something like that. Repetitive space ship stuff with repetitive music bores people!
Hey there, glad you like it. The outline is cause I captured the eps from Cartoon Network and since they don't use a logo with any degree of transparency it was the only way to remove it. And yeah, the end portion is gonna have less space ship fighting and more character stuff.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”