read FAQ, and still don't know what to do.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Syri
Org Profile

read FAQ, and still don't know what to do.

Post by Syri » Tue May 20, 2008 9:18 pm

I have a brand-spanking new Dell Vostro laptop with a dual core processor and more memory space than I could ever use (god bless graduation). And of course, since it's a laptop, I'm having THAT problem, where I can plat the clips not yet in my timeline but the timeline itself will NOT play. I've turned my computer off, have no other programs running and I STILL cannot get it to play! does anyone have any suggestions?

Syri
Org Profile

Post by Syri » Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 pm

also, yes, I am using AVI files because I was told they worked just fine in MM. they did for a while. I don't know how to redo them. And please, just give me an answer in plain english; I know absolutely no computer slang or abbreviations.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Tue May 20, 2008 10:05 pm

Simple question: are you using downloaded footage?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Pherphq
Org Profile

Post by Pherphq » Tue May 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Well I'm guessing it only plays sound and not show video in the timeline.Try using Mpeg ,mp4, mpg. Another solution install a codec that support avi for WMM.

Syri
Org Profile

Post by Syri » Tue May 20, 2008 10:54 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:Simple question: are you using downloaded footage?
no, I'm using footage I ripped from my own DVD's

Syri
Org Profile

Post by Syri » Tue May 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Pherphq wrote:Well I'm guessing it only plays sound and not show video in the timeline.Try using Mpeg ,mp4, mpg. Another solution install a codec that support avi for WMM.
No, actually, it plays nothing at all. When I press the play arrow, it doesn't go into the "pause" icon like it should, and my green status bar doesn't move. Thank you for the advice, though; do you know a good place to get a codec? (this may be a dumb question, but I have to ask, because I don't even know what that it. I'm not new to MM by any means, but since I got my new computer, I've been having al sorts of problems.)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Syri wrote:I am using AVI files
AVI is a container - you can put video in it that's good for editing and video that's bad for editing. How is the video encoded?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Syri
Org Profile

Post by Syri » Tue May 20, 2008 11:39 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Syri wrote:I am using AVI files
AVI is a container - you can put video in it that's good for editing and video that's bad for editing. How is the video encoded?
as I really don't know what that means, I'll tell you everything I do know; I ripped the video from brand new DVD's using a DVD ripper. it saved them as .avi files. for a few hours, they worked fine in MM, then started freezing up once in a while, and now it is just stuck.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Read <a href="http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtechbeta/">ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Updated Friendly AMV Guides</a>.
fix'd.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”