Anyone knows how to create this awesome effect?

AfterFX
Org Profile

Anyone knows how to create this awesome effect?

Post by AfterFX » Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 am

I've to say it's a really stupid movie, but the effects used there are kind of awesome.

the first effect is the liquid light flows out from a glowing ball gathers at the sword as shown in the three below pictures.

and also I'm consulting this particle effect on the sword, the sword generates slowly flowing water and it's really beautiful.

I'm not a beginner of AE so such answers as using the particular plugin or particle Illusion won't help.
Also I know how to track motion in both ae and Mocha so combining the effects to real action doesn't need to be covered.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue May 06, 2008 7:59 am

Well what do you want us to tell you besides use particular or something?
It's hard to really tell whats going on, from just screenshots of it.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 am

Yeah I mean there's really any number of things that could be at play here. My instincts tell me that they probably didn't use AE at all. Was probably something more like Combustion/Shake/Flame/etc. along with some particle simulation engine. This isn't really the forum to find help with these types of effects. You'd be better off asking on CGSociety or maybe CreativeCow.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri May 16, 2008 3:39 pm

well, those Liquid Affects are easy to do in Media Mania TV Pro and Extreme 4.0 .. I'm not sure how you Layer those "Splash" and "Matalic Paint" visions in AE !!!

?? what year was this Prince of a Movie made .. because, they should SAY what software was used and what Filters were needed if it was AE!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”