Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri May 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Pas1990 wrote:holy crap.

*bangs head against wall for next ep*
I actually don't think it's nearly as much of a dead end as Lelouch made it look.
Spoiler :
For one, Suzaku still needs to become Knight of One, and if what he had to do to make Knight of Seven is any indication, that won't be as easy as he makes it sound. I'm betting it'd involve defeating Zero again - Suzaku also said how he's now got "more than enough" military power, with Anya and the other dude around - but I ver much doubt that. Zero already has Karen, Rollo - and I assume if CC if intact then so is Gawain - and if the allusions in the intro are any indication, the Kyoto group's remnants have something up their sleeve. Add to that the Chinese who are obviously not friends of Zero but are not interested in losing him - and I don't think the chances for Suzaku look so straighforward at all. They're at least even.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Oli.C
Org Profile

Post by Oli.C » Sun May 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Man I really can't stand watching this on a weekly basis... I keep trying to hold back and let the episodes accumulate but I always given in far too easily!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Episode 6 was PURE MECHA ACTION, and it gives more reason to hate Suzaku!!!
Spoiler :
- So Lelouch got out of that predicament thanks to Rolo's paralysis Geass on Suzaku. With the limited amount of time, Lelouch told Nunnaly to pretend to act like strangers so Suzaku won't get suspicious.

- And with the knowledge of Nunnaly as the new Governor-General of Area 11, Lelouch made plans with the Order of Black Knights to "capture" her in an aerial battle.

- Things were going as plan as Zero was able to make contact with Nunnaly. But unfortunately a combination of his hesitation to retrieve her and reinforcements made it one heck of a predicament.

- Reinforcements consist of Guilford's upgraded Knightmare (which was based on Lancelot's design), and later Gino and Anya (in which her Knightmare is SOOOO like Gundam Virtue from Gundam 00 only we have a cute loli piloting rather than an androgynous bishounen). And there comes Suzaku with his upgraded Lancelot which is now called Lancelot Conquista. They did a number to the Black Knights especially to Karen's Guren to point that she got knocked off the airship.

- And as luck would have it, Laksharta appeared and informed Karen that she going to get new upgrades for her Guren. And these new attachments (with now having the ability to fly), Karen was able to completely even the battlefield. HER BADASSNESS RETURNS!!! :o

- With the airship heavily damaged, it's going to crash anytime soon so Suzaku left the battle in order to find and retrieve Nunnaly. It seems that Zero failed to persuade her to come with him especially with Nunnally willing to be the governor-general and finish off what Euphie started back in season 1. And then the ship crashed in which Nunnaly screamed out Suzaku's name in order to save her which devastated Lelouch. At the end of the episode she was able to recognize his voice when he was falling the ship
Damn!
Spoiler :
With Nunnally "siding" with the old ideals, it seems Lelouch needs to really needs to contemplate on his goals and ideals of why he's doing the stuff he's doing.
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 pm

angelx03 wrote:
Spoiler :
- And as luck would have it, Laksharta appeared and informed Karen that she going to get new upgrades for her Guren. And these new attachments (with now having the ability to fly), Karen was able to completely even the battlefield. HER BADASSNESS RETURNS!!! :o
BWAHAHA that was SO awesome! As I was saying earlier, Guren >>> all, and in this episode it was probably awesomer than at any other point. Though the upgrades were sorta an inevitable thing they'd drop in somehow (no way season 1-level technology would hold up now), they sure came in a pretty cool (if unbelievable) way.

CG is definitely trying to be more of a mecha series than usual. Which worked really well in this ep.
Damn!
Spoiler :
With Nunnally "siding" with the old ideals, it seems Lelouch needs to really needs to contemplate on his goals and ideals of why he's doing the stuff he's doing.
The preview suggests that the next ep should be pretty interesting. I bet you anything that in the end, Suzaku will piss off Lelouch with something again and end all doubts.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

BAH, wtf, the spoiler tag was working fine in preview :shock:

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun May 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Spoiler :
Send up the wings to collide with the falling Guren and give it a new arm inside a bolistic missile. WE'RE GOING PLACES.

The Guren is so overpowered now! It can fly, it has a cannon, IT HAS A RANGED CANNON THAT CAN PARALYZE, and new Lancelot-containment missiles. Lakshata has returned. Kallen is once again a force to be reconed with.
Let the super-mech action continue. :D

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon May 12, 2008 1:55 am

Maybe Kallen's guren will have the ability to throw galaxies by the end of season 2.

AK.E
Org Profile

Post by AK.E » Mon May 12, 2008 10:41 am

Episode 6 was amazing. I've already watched it twice.
You can feel Lelouch's pain after hearing Nunnaly's reply.

Oli.C
Org Profile

Post by Oli.C » Mon May 12, 2008 12:27 pm

OropherZero wrote:Maybe Kallen's guren will have the ability to throw galaxies by the end of season 2.
I see what you did thar! :wink:

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Kallen: GIGA!!! DRILL!!!! BREEEAAAKKKKKKEEERRRR!!!!!!!

Fuck yeah, ep 6 was full of win.

Sadly though:
Spoiler :
From what I see of the preview for the next ep, Lelouch has lost his motivation for fighting, and the people around him also appear to be questioning his leadership (again)
Ahh, the possibilities :x

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”