SMASH! 2008 - Sydney Manga and Anime Show

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
tantalum
Org Profile

SMASH! 2008 - Sydney Manga and Anime Show

Post by tantalum » Sat May 10, 2008 6:15 am

Theres already the SMASH! Animavericks AMV Competition thread but it would be good to also have a thread for the convention proper, so here goes:

SMASH!
WHAT IS SMASH!

SMASH! – Sydney Manga and Anime Show is an anime convention that is devoted to artists, creators and fans alike.

As an anime convention our primary focus is on anime and manga as a fan driven event. We wish to allow fans to meet and interact with other like-minded people, show off their own creative talents, buy anime and manga related goods and celebrate their fandom in a social environment.

Created by fans for fans, we hope to produce a fun convention that allows everyone to enjoy the show and festivities. We hope to encourage you all to showcase your talent and passion.

Date: Saturday, August 2nd 2008
Opening hours: 10am - 8pm.
Venue: Roundhouse@UNSW Kensington(Sydney) NSW, Australia

Pre registration tickets are now open on the website and through affiliated university clubs.

[\Press Relase]

Now thats out of the way, who here is planning to go? And what would you be looking forward to seeing?

Qem
Org Profile

Post by Qem » Sun May 11, 2008 5:10 pm

The special guest Hidenobu Kiuchi! :D
~~If everyone was an individual wouldn't they all be conformists conforming to individuality?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:50 am

To be honnest a bunch of Canberrans went last year and I didn't hear anything good back from them (other than small waiting times to get in which is good) and they aren't planning on going this year....
I should clarrify: they didn't say that the con sucked at all, more that it was tiny and very "meh" (as you would expect from a 1 day convention) and since my main motivation for attending a con is amv related activities sooo... yeah

I will also have AVcon the weekend before so I doubt I'm gonna want to travel again so quickly. x_x but I suppose I'll see how I feel on saturday.
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “Anime Conventions”