Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Episode 5 is more school comedy antics which was seriously full of LOLs! And now the amusing moments presented in this episode!
Spoiler :
- ANYA!!!! And then there's Gino who was pretty grabby (a.k.a. GAY) towards Suzaku.

- C.C. cosplaying as Chachamaru from Negima?

- This needs no explanation!

- C.C. panty shot! And now she's covered in tomato sauce. Kinky!

- Lelouch gets EATEN by a walrus (who's Karen by the way) so Shirley in her school swimsuit dukes it out in an epic hand-to-hand.....meh not really! :lol:

- Lelouch, you may be a tactical genius, but my god you can't run SQUAT! Hell, even Milly beat you! :lol: :lol:

- I approve of more Anya in future episodes!
Of course the best parts of these types of episodes is the amount of foundations this presents. Like for example,
Spoiler :
Thanks to C.C., Lelouch discovered Villeta's relationship with Ougi and is using that information to blackmail her.
And then the final minutes of the episode which
Spoiler :
Suzaku told Lelouch that he intends to be a Knights of One which allows him to control a certain area of Brittania (it should be obvious what he chose). And then, he gave him the phone so Lelouch could talk to the new Govenor-General of Area 11. And that's NUNALLY!!! :shock: :shock:

Wow, Suzaku! Just, wow!
ImageImage

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Quite a cliffhanger left in the end of ep5 with the re-appearance of
Spoiler :
Nunnally
As a whole,ep5 was mostly a combo of LOL and fanservice.The story advances well though even through these rather lighthearted episodes.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon May 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Suzaku is an ass.
Spoiler :
Lelouch is officially screwed no matter what now. In order to retain the illusion that he hasn't regained his memories, he has to tell Nunnally that he doesn't have a sister. I don't think he is capable of consciously causing her that kind of emotional stress.

Any path he takes besides that one confirms that he has regained his memories to Suzaku.
I say it again. Suzaku is an ass.

SheeGee
Org Profile

Post by SheeGee » Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Ishbalan wrote:Suzaku is an ass.
Spoiler :
Lelouch is officially screwed no matter what now. In order to retain the illusion that he hasn't regained his memories, he has to tell Nunnally that he doesn't have a sister. I don't think he is capable of consciously causing her that kind of emotional stress.

Any path he takes besides that one confirms that he has regained his memories to Suzaku.
I say it again. Suzaku is an ass.
totally and besides he made a promise to nunnally that he'll never lie to her. and you can tell that is one promise he'll never break.

even tho suzaku is an ass, i have to admit that was a pretty good move.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Spoiler :
Nothing says that Lelouch actually has to answer. Here's the thing: this whole stunt only makes him hate Suzaku and Brittania even more. Assuming that Lelouch's reaction has been limited to his face, and thus hidden from Suzaku, it's possible that he might be able to get out of this yet. Among other things, a distraction is quite possible.
Oh, and daaaaamn if this episode wasn't a treat for the eyes.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 pm

one detail that I noticed...
Spoiler :
while the welcome back festival was going, there was a panning shot of "the wall". this is the same "the wall" which Lulu made that one girl carve a symbol into every day. It appears that Lulu's geass does wear off after some amount of time, and it just happened to be when that girl was halfway done carving the symbol into the wall one day.
Maybe this comes into play somewhere down the line, hmm?

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon May 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Spoiler :
Simply not answering or hanging up would still be very suspicious. Don't forget that Lelouch was expecting to talk to the new governor-general. The only non-suspicious response to suddenly being called "Onii-sama" would be to clarify that he did not know her and to ask if she was mistaken. His cover could be blown already just from his gasp and then his prolonged silence during the phone call. He is lucky that he bothered to turn around first so that Suzaku couldn't see the obviously guilty look on his face. Lelouch would be instantly screwed.
And once again, I say that Suzaku is an ass.
Kariudo wrote:one detail that I noticed...
Spoiler :
while the welcome back festival was going, there was a panning shot of "the wall". this is the same "the wall" which Lulu made that one girl carve a symbol into every day. It appears that Lulu's geass does wear off after some amount of time, and it just happened to be when that girl was halfway done carving the symbol into the wall one day.
Maybe this comes into play somewhere down the line, hmm?
Excellent catch. This could also mean that...
Spoiler :
Lelouch can Geass someone a second time after a certain amount of time. It has been over a year since he Geass'd everyone, afterall.
and that...
Spoiler :
Suzaku is no longer invinsible, having been Geass'd the command "LIVE!" However, that also means that they won't be going into detail to this little plot-device. The only time it came into play was once when he was facing the Chinese Federation and had accepted that he was going to die. His eyes blinked the Geass orange, and nothing else happened after that. In that sense, it would be disappointing if that were true.
Btw, angelx03.
One of your links in your last post leads to a public-restricted picture.
I have a pretty good idea of what it is and don't really need to see it, but I thought I should let you know if you didn't already.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon May 05, 2008 7:50 pm

EDIT: I meant "Kariudo wrote" in the last quote. My mistake.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
Btw, angelx03.
One of your links in your last post leads to a public-restricted picture.
I have a pretty good idea of what it is and don't really need to see it, but I thought I should let you know if you didn't already.
Meh, here's a better link!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/ ... illeta.gif
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

I'd bang that Walrus...

:shock:

After it ate me whole that is... :lol:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”