Tora-Con 2008 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kokoro no Hikari
Org Profile

Tora-Con 2008 AMV Contest Results

Post by Kokoro no Hikari » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi everyone :) The con is over and it was awesome! Not only did we have an excellent performance by the J-Pop band unicorn table, but our AMV contest was stronger than ever. A total of 35 videos were entered and the votes were ridiculously close in all categories. Here are the winners:

Action: Yoko Seishirou - Samurai Limericks (Anime: Samurai Champloo, Song: Beastie Boys - Limerick)

Comedy/Parody: Jesmaster - YTMND (Anime: Various, Song: YTMND audio)

Drama: Flame-X - MOON PHASE (Anime: Utawarerumono, Song: Suara - MOON PHASE)

Dance/Upbeat: MeliChan923 - Ouran High School Never Ends (Anime: Ouran High School Host Club, Song: Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends)

Romance: BurningLeaves - Eternal (Anime: Romeo X Juliet, Song: Daughtry - It's Not Over)

Best in Show: MeliChan923 - Ouran High School Never Ends (Anime: Ouran High School Host Club, Song: Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends)

Staff Pick: Krillin The Villain - You're Beautiful (Anime: Beck MCS, Song: James Blunt - You're Beautiful)

So those are the results for this year's Tora-Con. Thanks so much to everyone who participated, the contest was awesome! We really appreciate everyone's hard work and we hope you'll participate in the years to come :) I'll be working on sending out prizes to the winners in the next few weeks. Thanks again!!!

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Congrats to everyone!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:58 pm

This year's contest was much better than last year's, that's for sure! Of course I had a hard time choosing which upbeat/dance video to choose from (granted reading this thread about that Ouran video pretty much soured it).
ImageImage

Melichan923
Org Profile

Re: Tora-Con 2008 AMV Contest Results

Post by Melichan923 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Kokoro no Hikari wrote:Dance/Upbeat: MeliChan923 - Ouran High School Never Ends (Anime: Ouran High School Host Club, Song: Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends)

Best in Show: MeliChan923 - Ouran High School Never Ends (Anime: Ouran High School Host Club, Song: Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends)
:shock: THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone! Best Upbeat and Best in Show... I wasn't expecting that! *Dances*

And I had no idea that my video was reviewed. :o I'll have to check that out. That would explain the many comments and opinions I have been receiving all of a sudden.

Congratulations to all the other winners and finalists! :D
Image Image

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Kokoro no Hikari wrote:Romance: BurningLeaves - Eternal (Anime: Romeo X Juliet, Song: Daughtry - It's Not Over)
:up: Glad you liked it.

nine taled fox
Org Profile

Post by nine taled fox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:04 pm

oh crap second again? oh well atleast its going to the studio. (Creator of Bleach Tonado)

davenfonet
Org Profile

Post by davenfonet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Melichan923 wrote:
:shock: THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone! Best Upbeat and Best in Show... I wasn't expecting that! *Dances*
As the other staffer for the AMVS it was clear you were best in show, but like a huge majority. On the other hand your video fits best in dance/upbeat not in comedy. I'm sure it will do a lot better there.
The ToddFather

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:06 am

davenfonet wrote:As the other staffer for the AMVS it was clear you were best in show, but like a huge majority. On the other hand your video fits best in dance/upbeat not in comedy. I'm sure it will do a lot better there.
Thank you! :) You're right: Some parts I edited to be humorous but when thinking of the whole video together it actually is more upbeat than comedy.
Image Image

nine taled fox
Org Profile

Post by nine taled fox » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 am

so using good sportmansihp here, congratulations to everybody who won, ya guys deserve it i guess, especially to our own Yoko Seishirou and Krillin the Villin(ya guys are the best)

adit2789
Org Profile

Post by adit2789 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:45 pm

is there a way to post the complete listings for the amv contest? I would like to know where i placed, and what everyone thought. I made the appleseed ex machina amv to the song dive for you, and i also made the school rumble amv to the song school rumble 4ever.

Return to “AMV Contests”