To Love-Ru

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:58 am

Ishbalan wrote:Yeahhh...... I am officially dropping this show.
It's just not for me.
I'm happy for you man. You can take hentai, but you can't take this ecchi. I can take ecchi but not hentai. Kind of a messed up, huh?
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:51 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:Yeahhh...... I am officially dropping this show.
It's just not for me.
I'm happy for you man. You can take hentai, but you can't take this ecchi. I can take ecchi but not hentai. Kind of a messed up, huh?
I couldn't be less bothered by the ecchi part. I like ecchi to a certain extent.
This show is boring, plain and simple. The animation lacks zazz and the characters could not be more cliche. The romance angle is dry to me. I've seen it already too many times. Therefore the overall plot fails to entertain me as well. The comedy doesn't impress me much either; I can only recall getting a few chuckles from episode 2.

And just to let you know, I don't watch hentai just for the sex. It is entartainment. You can get a laugh from pretty much any dub, and some situations are just so stupid, it's insane not to be entertained. Two of my friends, in fact, never watch hentai for arousal, but solely for this entertainment.

Example of non-sexual entertainment in hentai:
La Blue Girl - I don't know anyone who would use this as inspiration. It was made to be laughed at.
Body Transfer - A boy and a girl switch bodies and then masturbate. Quite fascinating.
Viper GTS - The guy's reactions to everything Carrera does in the first episode.
Taimanin Asagi - There's a super-orc. It's ten times the girl's size and its dick is almost as big as he is. The look on the girl's face seeing it for the first time is priceless.

and my personal favorite:

Akiba Girls - Guy has sex with his girl while watching his favorite ecchi anime series. :D Genius.

You should give it another chance, hasteroth.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 am

One word. Underage

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 am

hasteroth wrote:One word. Underage
One number: 17

My age. :o

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:02 am

Uh... two words. Not interested. (not that I'm not interested in girls, I just don't care for hentai anime, especially Bible Black. Ecchi is enough for me. I actually like the fanart and doujins though)

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:38 pm

ah, the hentai vs. ecchi debates...

In any case, I like this anime's look in that it feels more hand drawn and less CG'd.

Of course, the toys that Lala uses are definitely cell shaded goofiness but the majority of anime these days are about sex and violence...

[oh noes, mindless entertainment!]

Rosario to Vampire and Seto no Hanayome are good examples of a main char I think matures at the end and hits an epiphany that makes watching through the whole anime worth it.

I feel as though this anime [hopefully] will have the hero realize that getting with a hot sexy princess and ruling over the galaxy is a worthy cause to strive for vs. the girl he can't frickin' make eye contact with.

I'd rather be with a pretty girl I can spend time with than one that makes me so nervous I trip, fall down, and yank down her skirt + underwear... Seriously, the better end of the deal is right there and the main guy can't get it. I AM sick of it but hoping that the dude realizes his mistakes are what fulfilling char. development is all about in my opinion.

Doesn't get ANY worse than Tenchi. [fuckin' dumbass don't get none for the whole damn series...]

Romance in anime works and can cause comedy, war, violence, and hot sex. It's the perfect mix... ^_^

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Rosario sucked.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 pm

LeapofFate wrote:Rosario sucked.
Perhaps.

I'm mad at Ayako. The stupid sub group takes forever to sub this show.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:33 am

hasteroth wrote:
LeapofFate wrote:Rosario sucked.
Perhaps.

I'm mad at Ayako. The stupid sub group takes forever to sub this show.
Oh wow, what an ungrateful person. You do realize that they're subbing it for free right? It's their time and their effort, who are you to call them stupid when you are so ungratefully downloading and watching it, only understanding it because they took the time to get off their asses and sub it for people such as yourself.

:roll:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:14 am

What Pas said.

I started watching this show for awhile because the main character reminded me of Nono, but meh, I guess I'll be dropping it too.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”