URGENT! Question about Final Cut Pro problem

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
merin_minamino
Org Profile

URGENT! Question about Final Cut Pro problem

Post by merin_minamino » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:17 am

Hi all,

I'm working on a music video assignment for one of my classes that is due in the next few days. I just began teaching myself Final Cut Pro and there's a problem that I can't figure out.

My video is imported and I began to edit. The edited clips are on the timeline. However, when I click to preview my project it just says "Unrendered". So I selected all of the footage in my timeline and clicked to render it. Nothing pops up to say that it rendered and the footage still won't preview. It just continues to say "Unrendered".

So, I tried exporting the video. The video exported perfectly, but yet it will not let me preview my work in the actual program.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you!

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 am

Codec of your imported video?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:22 am

With your sequence active (not the Browser window, the Timeline windows), Sequence -> Render All -> Both, or you can use the keyboard shortcut Option+R.

nifear4
Org Profile

Post by nifear4 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Lantis Escudo basically says it all.

Rendering the video is kinda long though, the best way I would do it is just convert your movie file to a DV and then just drag it in. Use another program like.. MPEG-Streamclip, it converts my AVI files that are about ~7:45min long in 5.5minutes. But yeah.

Final Cut Pro is a awesome program, been using Pro and Express for school projects and just recently got the program for myself.

And the way you can tell if your video is "unrendered" you should see a red tape at the top of the timeline where the video is located. Red = Unrendered.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:35 pm

nifear4 wrote:Rendering the video is kinda long though, the best way I would do it is just convert your movie file to a DV and then just drag it in. Use another program like.. MPEG-Streamclip, it converts my AVI files that are about ~7:45min long in 5.5minutes. But yeah.
Personally, I don't like doing this, because I'm working from 23.976 fps HuffYUV AVI files, and converting the framerate to 29.97 (as DV requires) through a lossy process (DV, while very good, still isn't lossless) causes me a number of ugly footage quality problems (mostly frame blending, which I despise). But I do my ripping and footage preparation on my Windows PC and edit on the Mac in FCP, so my workflow may not work for you.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 am

You should have got a small library with FCS .... It even explains this problem in the DVD that came with it ... :wink: I suggest watching the DVD, it will help you in other ways to.

Return to “Mac Software”