Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
outlawed
Org Profile

Code Geass R2

Post by outlawed » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:09 am

This thread is for discussion of Code Geass R2. I think it will be valuable to have a separate thread so people can still safely discuss the original (especially since its USA broadcast will begin soon).

Season 1 thread is here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=68346

NOTE: Most folks are probably going to be pretty good about labeling major spoilers but its pretty dumb to try and have a discussion about a show when 95% of the posts are nothing but spoiler tags. For that reason keep in mind you may learn things you don't want to know if you are not current with the series broadcast.

Code Geass airs weekly on Sunday at 17:00 on MBS/TBS in Japan.

AK.E
Org Profile

Post by AK.E » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am

Good call on making a thread about season 2. And I think it's safe to say that 99% of the time we talk about an anime in the series section, it's some sort of a spoiler so I think it's kind of pointless to use the spoiler tag. People who don't want to be spoiled shouldn't be in this section in the first place.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 am

AK.E wrote:People who don't want to be spoiled shouldn't be in this section in the first place.

Aerith dies.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 am

Awww, and I thought we can make the Code Geass thread into a gigantic thread of awesomeness like the Haruhi Suzumiya thread.
ImageImage

AK.E
Org Profile

Post by AK.E » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:25 am

although i just noticed that this is not in the series discussion section -_-

AK.E
Org Profile

Post by AK.E » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:15 pm

I wonder if there's going to be yet another 'witch' called R2 or R.R.

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:51 pm

ep 2 was pretty badarse :o

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Whoa, awesome episode again.
Makes me wonder...
Spoiler :
how many geass users are there? O_o
We got to know some of the mysteries season1 gave us. Soooo cool. :o
I dare you challenge me.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:52 pm

My thoughts of Episode 1 can be found here!

Now for episode 2......bwahahaha!!!! OH FU** YES!!!
Spoiler :
So THAT'S what happened after Episode 25 of Season 1! Both gunshots were fired, but Suzaku was able to knock Zero's gun out of range and was able to get rid of the bomb he was carrying. He then captured Lelouch and brought him to the Emperor. With this action, Suzaku was appointed to be one of the Knights of the Round Table.

And the Emperor has Geass as well which explains Lelouch's "odd" behavior last episode! This might explain a lot of the other events that are lingering.
Back in the present, interestingly enough, this episode played out in a similar matter like Episode 2 last season.
Spoiler :
With Lelouch's Geass back, he at his usual tactical command post directing the Order of the Black Knights to take out some of the Brittanian soldiers and then placed bombs at the foundation of the tower. And just like last season, a mysterious Knightmare (who's abilities are on par with Suzaku's Lancelot) appeared which nearly ruined Lelouch's plan. Luckily Lelouch was able to set off the bombs which destroyed the tower (which allowed them to escape) and the falling debris crushed the governor-general.

And then Zero makes an official announcement across the airwaves that HE'S BACK!!! :twisted:
Now as for the revelations that'll lead to more future speculations....
Spoiler :
- The Emperor showed Suzaku the floating shrine which is a weapon to "destroy" God known as the Sword of Akasha.

- Rollo is the one piloting that Knightmare, and he has Geass as well! :o
And now I wait for another week! :cry:
ImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:03 pm

I'll admit... the new OP has already grown on me |:

Also...
OropherZero wrote:Pas is such a tool, spoiled the episode in #amv =/
Hah.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”