Winners of the 2008 Viewers' Choice Awards! [+ post mortem]

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:47 pm

So this is the post where I admit I'm stupid.

.... Carry on.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:52 pm

O:
O:
O:

I was gonna say O:

no stress >.>

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm

I think it would be nice to get an e-mail or a PM about the opt-in of the VCA or even the about the start of the VCA so you're on time to check that box. It's so easy to miss it, mostly for people who don't really check the boards that much (and the front page only gets updated 2 or 3 times per year, so it's not something you will often check).

I know some new guy who missed the VCA because he didn't know about its existance.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:46 pm

We did indeed send out an email this year. However, those with outdated email addresses and those who opted not to receive newsletters and emails from the .Org obvious weren't able to get it.

The posting of news on the front page creates an alert (through the alert system) that sends an email or at least makes the alert show up on the main member page. Again, those who opt not to use alerts will obliviously fail to get these notifications.

As far as I know, there is no way of sending mass PM's through the current system.

We'll do all we can to make sure those who want to participate get in. However, beyond a certain point, it's much more effective if people just contact some of the editors they'd like to participate and say "hey, the VCA has started. Go check that box." It shows that you care! And plus, more involvement means more fun for everyone. :o

RE: MEP category - see concerns here.

monkey31192
Org Profile

Post by monkey31192 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:37 am

Hey, what if the download able list was separated into each category, so that you can download by category. This year it was all jumbled up and I didn't like the setup. separate categories would help. Anyone agree?

Return to “Site Announcements”