Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby outlawed » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:04 am

Kariudo wrote:Obligatory "9 hour and 16 minutes til awesome happens" post

Don't expect too much. This is mostly introductory. Those looking forward to the answers of "what happened" will be disappointed.

8/10

Bunny girls ftw.
outlawed

Postby Chrono63 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:40 am

(SS?)Eclipse is going to sub this! \o/
I dare you challenge me.
Chrono63

Postby angelx03 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Bwahaha, Episode 1 in FREAKIN' HD WIDESCREEN!!!

[spoiler]The setting is one year after the whole rebellion back in Season 1. There were a couple changes since then like Zero was proclaimed "dead", the Order of the Black Knights were defeated with some of higher ups like Ougi and Toudou captured, and the Brittanian capital in Area 11 was seriously fortified.

On the lighter side, Villeta is now a gym teacher trying to chase down Lelouch!

This episode pretty pretty much played out in similar fashion to the first episode in Season 1 only in terms of the present events like including Lelouch's supposed brother Rollo, and his apparent memory loss of the entire rebellion since then. With the help of bunnygirl Karen, remnants of the Order of the Black Knights, and especially C.C. (and another kiss from her), Lelouch's memories returned with his Geass powers![/spoiler]

*breaks in maniacal laughter*

ZERO IS FU**ING BACK!!!! :twisted:

OP song from ORANGE RANGE was pretty meh though the scenes in the sequence were very intriguing. The ED was meh too, but the still illustrated by CLAMP were absolutely gorgeous. And it seems Sunrise got a much higher budget this time as the animation looks incredibly slick! Don't expect too many answers especially what last season has left on. Of course I expect those answers to happen much later. But for now, let savor the fact that Code Geass is back! 8-)
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Chrono63 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Great sequel start!

Anyway, I throw a geass--- err, a guess:
[spoiler]The memory loss was V.V.'s doing?[/spoiler]
Really liked the similiarities with ep1 of the 1st season though. Also, probably a good thing it didn't continue directly from where season1 left off.

The[spoiler]"Lelouch vi Britannia commands you. All of you... die!"[/spoiler]part sent shivers down my back. :o

PS. yeah, from this spring season forward I decided to watch ongoing series too.
I dare you challenge me.
Chrono63

Postby AK.E » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, that was awesome. But, perhaps the name of this topic should be changed to just Code Geass?
AK.E

Postby WC Annihilus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Not really, considering s2 is called Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
WC Annihilus

Postby Kariudo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 pm

good ep, though I think the school scene could've been skipped to resolve more of the things for season 1

and yayz for glorious 720p

[spoiler] How did Suzaku manage to see the emperor? Even if he is a knight, it doesn't seem very likely[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby AK.E » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:19 pm

[spoiler]Well, at the end of season one Cornelia made him a true knight. And over a year long period, he's probably definitely risen in the ranks.

Lelouch's memory loss seems a little odd to me. If it was C.C. who caused him to forget I don't really see a particular reason for that. Also, why not attempt to reawaken "Zero" and his Geass powers earlier?[/spoiler]

Oh well, I guess those are too many questions to ask after only the first episode. And wow were Kallen and C.C. hot!
AK.E

Postby AK.E » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Kariudo wrote:good ep, though I think the school scene could've been skipped to resolve more of the things for season 1

and yayz for glorious 720p

[spoiler] How did Suzaku manage to see the emperor? Even if he is a knight, it doesn't seem very likely[/spoiler]

That may be, but I think it was important to show how regular Lelouch's life was after season 1
AK.E

Postby Chrono63 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 am

AK.E wrote:[spoiler]Lelouch's memory loss seems a little odd to me. If it was C.C. who caused him to forget I don't really see a particular reason for that. Also, why not attempt to reawaken "Zero" and his Geass powers earlier?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Err, note that I said V.V. (the mysterious girl that is with the emperor), not C.C. ^^ It's still just a guess though.[/spoiler]
I dare you challenge me.
Chrono63

Postby O-Kagachi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 pm

i'm pretty sure V.V is a trap :?
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby AK.E » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Chrono63 wrote:
AK.E wrote:[spoiler]Lelouch's memory loss seems a little odd to me. If it was C.C. who caused him to forget I don't really see a particular reason for that. Also, why not attempt to reawaken "Zero" and his Geass powers earlier?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Err, note that I said V.V. (the mysterious girl that is with the emperor), not C.C. ^^ It's still just a guess though.[/spoiler]

ah, wow, ya that was stupid of me.
AK.E

Postby Kalium » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Kallen is smoking hot in that outfit of hers. Yowzah!
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby OmniStrata » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Bunny girls and super sexed C.C.?

LELOUCH IS BACK BABY!

Only now we need to know wtf happened in the last ep to end up here.

I'm guessing a big KABOOM occurred.

Ah, dual harem sexy action with Karen and C.C.

must grab mo doujins ^_^
OmniStrata

Postby Ringtails » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:14 pm

OMG. Nudity detectors beeping like crazy.
Put 19:57 at slow-mo... I mean, not that I would know. >_<

O-Kagachi wrote:i'm pretty sure V.V is a trap :?

I'm 99% sure that it was confirmed that V.V. was male.
|i|n|t|e|l|l|i|g|e|n|c|e|
MY ANTI DRUG.
Ringtails

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion