CSUN AMV Contest Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

Random Quote

Post by anneke » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:50 pm

Wait I thought we DQed that video...

<evil grin>

Anneke
p.s. I'm not talking about any video in particular, I'm just waiting to see people freak out and wonder what the hell I'm talking about. Okay, maybe the brain is still fried.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:14 am

My brain would be fried as well... >_<
Wait a minute... :x

I envy people who can sit through so many videos.
*bows down*
I'm not worthy!!
ImageImage

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:00 am

*chuckles*

I can't say I'm surprised to see that my entry didn't make the finals- it's almost hard to classify as an AMV :p Congratulations to all the finalists and entrants. Even those of us whose videos didn't make the finals and might not get shown as filler can be satisfied that at least a few more people have seen our vids. Today, the finals judging group. Tomorrow, the world! 8) (Well, OK, maybe just an actual full con...)

Am I reading that right that all the finalist videos will be up for download/viewing?
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:53 am

Hitori wrote:Well, actually.... I know I won't win anything! But at least more people will see some of my work! And that is what I'm happy about! I'm still a n00b but hey, I'm learning! 8)

Good luck to everyone! :D
That's a great attitude you know! Well anyway, best of luck you're up against my stuff I fear Fluxmeister's video the most though!
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:00 pm

Paul Kievits wrote:That's a great attitude you know! Well anyway, best of luck you're up against my stuff I fear Fluxmeister's video the most though!
Yup, I don't enter contests to win anything. I'm happy if my stuff make finals because more people will see what I am capable of. 8)

And yes, your vids are pretty good Paul. My vids just doesn't compare. As for Fluxy.. Yes, his stuff is great and I know my vids don't compare at all! But hey, it's all good! :wink:

I have no fear of any particular video that I'm up against in any contest. This is because I don't set my sights on winning. Winning is only a plus. :) As for the people who win in any particular contest that I enter, I usually try to find those videos and see what they had compared to what I had. Then I see what I can do with that next video I work on for the contest next year. :P

I really need to go to more cons next year to meet everyone! "Hey what's up! I am Hitori!" :lol:
ImageImage

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:29 pm

Huh, oh I guess I missed the entry deadline lol
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:48 pm

Hitori: I totally respect that attitude. I myself strive to be like that but I always turn into an unsportsmanlike loser who keeps cussing on everything ... *sigh* ... I respect people who have your attitude.
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:46 pm

Paul: It's not that hard to accomplish! Just don't let it take over. Think about what you are going to say before you say it. Think outside of the box that is your world and open it to new things! 8)

Closed box - Closed mind, likes nothing new. Keeps everything the way they want it to be. Dislikes what others have to say.

Opened box - Open mind, likes new things. Life is constantly changing and open to new ideas. Likes what others have to say.

Re-evaluating what you want to happen and what could happen. Don't always aim so high because it can hurt on the way down. The path of least resistance. Don't take sides on an issue, look and listen to what both sides have to say. That kind of stuff! :D

Man, this is getting a little OT... I should stop talking.. :roll:

Can't wait for the results of the contest. Good luck to everyone! 8)
ImageImage

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:00 am

Preach on, Brother Hitori!!! Again, I wish everyone the best of luck, and I wish I could be there to watch the videos :cry:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:38 am

It's too bad I really can't go to events like this since they happen to be too far away. So many contest and too little time to made video for...

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”