Fruits Basket

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
deathagent
Org Profile

Post by deathagent » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 am

That petition appears to be to FUNimation... They are a U.S. based company and have little to no control over a second season being made. The petition calls for FUNimation to produce a second season... I'd like to see another season of Furuba, the first one only went up to Volume 8 of 23 (is it?), but not to be produced (or ruined by) Funimation. How did that thing get over 14K of signatures? It needs to be updated too, it says that the manga is still running, despite it having ended a while ago. But yeah, rant about stupid petition aside, Furuba is good and here needs to be more of it.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 pm

deathagent wrote:That petition appears to be to FUNimation... They are a U.S. based company and have little to no control over a second season being made. The petition calls for FUNimation to produce a second season... I'd like to see another season of Furuba, the first one only went up to Volume 8 of 23 (is it?), but not to be produced (or ruined by) Funimation. How did that thing get over 14K of signatures? It needs to be updated too, it says that the manga is still running, despite it having ended a while ago. But yeah, rant about stupid petition aside, Furuba is good and here needs to be more of it.
No duh. Please. Do you have to ruin our spirits?
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

vivaciousrex
Org Profile

Post by vivaciousrex » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:25 pm

hasteroth wrote:
deathagent wrote:That petition appears to be to FUNimation... They are a U.S. based company and have little to no control over a second season being made. The petition calls for FUNimation to produce a second season... I'd like to see another season of Furuba, the first one only went up to Volume 8 of 23 (is it?), but not to be produced (or ruined by) Funimation. How did that thing get over 14K of signatures? It needs to be updated too, it says that the manga is still running, despite it having ended a while ago. But yeah, rant about stupid petition aside, Furuba is good and here needs to be more of it.
No duh. Please. Do you have to ruin our spirits?
^ *dont ruin our spirits* 'nuff said. and BTW, yes they do produce Fruits basket season two... they have total control over the anime series... so...i think you'd need to research a little more on teh production of Fruits Basket Anime series a bit more...
Fruits Basket, FMA, BLEACH<3

deathagent
Org Profile

Post by deathagent » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:40 pm

hasteroth wrote: No duh. Please. Do you have to ruin our spirits?
I merely found the petition funny. I believe (Not 100% on this) that it was within the past year that the manga ended, so if there to be a second season of some sort it would not be surprising to see it soon. Considering how long ago the original series aired, however, I think it'd be more likely for there to be a remake that covered the entire series. Ruining hope was not the intention.
vivaciousrex wrote: ^ *dont ruin our spirits* 'nuff said. and BTW, yes they do produce Fruits basket season two... they have total control over the anime series... so...i think you'd need to research a little more on teh production of Fruits Basket Anime series a bit more...
FUNimation holds the U.S. license, they can do whatever they like with that. However, any sort of second season or second series would be fair game for any company to acquire distribution rights for. If the same studio that did the original were to do another season/series, they may offer FUNimation a crack at the license first, but other than that Funimation has nothing to do with whether another series gets aired or not.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:30 pm

deathagent wrote: FUNimation holds the U.S. license, they can do whatever they like with that. However, any sort of second season or second series would be fair game for any company to acquire distribution rights for. If the same studio that did the original were to do another season/series, they may offer FUNimation a crack at the license first, but other than that Funimation has nothing to do with whether another series gets aired or not.
Then doesn't that mean that the chances of a second season are even greater? If any company can do it than that increases the chances.

vivaciousrex
Org Profile

)X

Post by vivaciousrex » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 pm

AGH! STOP BEING SICH A PESSIMIST! GOOOOOOD; i get it already!!! so what if you want to express your own opinion-- CAUSE IM EXPRESSING MINE, TOO.
Spoiler :
oh, and i just finished the latest volume that comes out on america, and it says that momiji's secret was to propose to tohru CANT WAIT TO SEE THAT! XD

I HATE PESSIMISTS!!! and if you're just trying us to sound smart, its not working either. take your opinions and show them somewhere else, 'cause the people here are apparently not liking it... AT ALL. PLEASE?!

thank you! ;D

deathagent
Org Profile

Post by deathagent » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:13 pm

hasteroth wrote: Then doesn't that mean that the chances of a second season are even greater? If any company can do it than that increases the chances.
I would hope so. In the end it will probably depend on how popular it is in Japan.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 pm

deathagent wrote:
hasteroth wrote: Then doesn't that mean that the chances of a second season are even greater? If any company can do it than that increases the chances.
I would hope so. In the end it will probably depend on how popular it is in Japan.
Furuba is very popular in Japan.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Second season! Introduce Rin! *starts chanting*
I am a rabid Inuyasha fangirl! Fear me!
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

vivaciousrex
Org Profile

rin+kureno

Post by vivaciousrex » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm

i dont even know why they would think about leaving rin&kureno out... theyre such bold characters.. especially rin... i dont think haru would even have anymore of a "part" if rin wasnt in the anime or the maga....

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”