Contests that you don't have to attend?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
OhMyBelldandy009
Org Profile

Contests that you don't have to attend?

Post by OhMyBelldandy009 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:15 pm

Hey everyone! I am only thirteen, so I can't really go to conventions! (My parents don't like anime, they have bad taste!) Anyway, I want to send all of my videos to conventions and I would like to know which ones don't require me to go! Write if you can help! =)
"Hurry up and go to sleep so I can ravish your body in ways you can't even imagine." -Paizuri

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Re: Contests that you don't have to attend?

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:06 pm

OhMyBelldandy009 wrote:Hey everyone! I am only thirteen, so I can't really go to conventions! (My parents don't like anime, they have bad taste!) Anyway, I want to send all of my videos to conventions and I would like to know which ones don't require me to go! Write if you can help! =)
ACtually almost zero conventions require you to be present for your videos. the only exception is the AWA Masters asave for this year (which I think they regret.) but generally just read through some con rules for their contests and make sure that they don't care. You can always e-mail them yourself.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:40 pm

Florida cons seem to practice this policy, JACON and Anime Festival Orlando come to mind. :roll:

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:00 am

Well, they just started that policy, I believe. Doesn't matter for me; I'm going to make as many Florida cons as I can ;)
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:23 pm

Rozard wrote:Well, they just started that policy, I believe. Doesn't matter for me; I'm going to make as many Florida cons as I can ;)
You'd better make a TX con while you are at it! RVP needs to unit at least once a year. :lol:

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:42 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Rozard wrote:Well, they just started that policy, I believe. Doesn't matter for me; I'm going to make as many Florida cons as I can ;)
You'd better make a TX con while you are at it! RVP needs to unit at least once a year. :lol:
I'm trying my earnest to make UshiCon this year. I'm also trying my Vern :lol:

Image Did anyone get that?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:55 pm

AWA Masters no longer requires attendance. We used to require it, but since we now get submissions from around the world, it's not really fair to keep people from entering just 'cause they can't pony up the hundreds in air fare to get here.

Just FYI. :)
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Re: Contests that you don't have to attend?

Post by CArnesen » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:04 pm

OhMyBelldandy009 wrote:Hey everyone! I am only thirteen, so I can't really go to conventions! (My parents don't like anime, they have bad taste!) Anyway, I want to send all of my videos to conventions and I would like to know which ones don't require me to go! Write if you can help! =)
Sakura-Con 2003 AMV/OVA Contest!! :D :D
--Chris ^_^

Return to “AMV Contests”