Winners of the 2008 Viewers' Choice Awards! [+ post mortem]

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:45 am

JaddziaDax wrote:Its the Viewer's Choice Awards not the "Best of the Org for the Last Year" Awards... if you want that just go look at the top 10% the default listing is from the past year, and yea you can search them by category... People should have to choose to be in it, unlike the top 10% where you get there weather you like it or not.

Some people don't feel it's necessary, in fact I know one person who never entered because he said contest is pointless to him unless he is there to see it at the con, and well the org isn't exactly a convention is it?
(Viewer's Choice Awards) == (Best of the Org for the Last Year)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:52 am

I'm sorry i still disagree, that is what the top 10% is for...

the Viewers Choice should be a contest people opt to join, not be forced into joining.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:21 pm

How about we define the Viewer's Choice Awards as: "The videos that were voted on by the most people, which consisted of entries made within 2007 and whose creator opted into the contest"

Sound good?

"Best" is relative. I look at the VCA's and I don't consider those videos to be "the best", nor do I look at the Top 10% and consider them to be "the best." I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the contest or the Top 10%. I think overall they're harmless and enjoyable to an extent. However, I don't like the idea of people pointing to these as the axiom definition of what is the best of the best. How about this. They could be considered "a rough approximation of the best videos." I'd be okay with that :o
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:55 pm

AtomX wrote:They could be considered "a rough approximation of the best videos." I'd be okay with that :o
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Either way Brad, both are just "popularity contests" because taste is subjective.

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Re: Winners of the 2008 Viewers' Choice Awards! [+ post mort

Post by WilLoW :--) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:28 pm

jasper-isis wrote:
To-do list for next year:
MEP category for the database
Why ? Definition of a MEP : any AMV that has more than n creators. All the information for that is already in the database...no need to add discrepancy ?

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 pm

WilLoW :--) wrote:Why ? Definition of a MEP : any AMV that has more than n creators. All the information for that is already in the database...no need to add discrepancy ?
Any given N will be unsatisfactory.

Warlocket
Org Profile

Post by Warlocket » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Put some kind of block in place that prevents people from voting for their own videos.
But, in the end, that would only make a difference of one vote per video. Plus, it might end up encouraging some people to create another (or even multiple) user account so that they COULD vote for their own video.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Kalium wrote:
WilLoW :--) wrote:Why ? Definition of a MEP : any AMV that has more than n creators. All the information for that is already in the database...no need to add discrepancy ?
Any given N will be unsatisfactory.
Not so, the definition of multiple is more than one.

Since the Multiple in Multiple editor project is an adjective and not a noun, this definition is actually quite precise.

adj.
Having, relating to, or consisting of more than one individual, element, part, or other component; manifold.

therefore if n>1 than MEP

it's quite easy and concrete!

If the multiple were a noun however things would be much more confusing. I'm pretty sure Conet would be eligible still though.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I'm sorry i still disagree, that is what the top 10% is for...

the Viewers Choice should be a contest people opt to join, not be forced into joining.
I know I'm REALLY late in the game here, but you CAN opt out of the VCA.

It's rather hidden, but you know that checkbox when you edit your profile? The one that says "All my videos have been entered into the catalog"?

Unless they redid the coding in the last...two(?)... years, then unchecking that automatically disqualifies your videos from being nominated/voted for for the VCA.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “Site Announcements”