Need help with massive effects

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:58 am

MASSIVE EFFECTS.

KiraxKun
Org Profile

Post by KiraxKun » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:11 pm

the reason im doing this is to beat my rival... all the amv he make compare to mine make me look like a 3rd grader doodle. I hope you guys can help me XD

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm

effects won't make your video look better than someone else's... not to mention that the effects in those videos are rather easy to do...

If I were you I'd work on connecting the show with the music before trying to effect whore your videos out.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 pm

KiraxKun wrote:the reason im doing this is to beat my rival... all the amv he make compare to mine make me look like a 3rd grader doodle. I hope you guys can help me XD
this sounds like the plot in a bad anime.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

KiraxKun
Org Profile

Post by KiraxKun » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:11 pm

lol..it probably is..

hey, do any of you guys know how to reverse(rewind) a anime and stop it at a scene for like 1 minute?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:32 am

in Vegas: cut the clip you want reversed, and right click on it and choose "reverse clip"

Side Swipe
Org Profile

Post by Side Swipe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

in premere you should select your clip on the time line then right click. one of the options should be speed duration click on that and a little window will come up in that window there will be a check box that says reverse speed or reverse duration something like that check that box then ok and the selected clip will play in reverse

same thing with the right click on the clip there will be an option called frame hold these are not difficult and are relatively self explanatory. what you really need to do is setup a project import a few clips and just screw around with the buttons and controls to see what does what. and to prevent yourself from messing up anything when you exit and it asks you if you want to save the changes say no....

also I agree with the previous comments Dont do effects just to have effects. A properly done effect should be invisable you know you are seeing an effect but it doesnt stick out saying hey there I'm an effect. You san make a Damn good video with nothing more than cross fades and dips to black for transitions. Hell done right you can make a damn good video with just end to end splices

what it sounds like you need is concept. A good song that tells a story and An Anime that goes well with the story in the song.

If you want to see some examples of good videos done with little more than cross fades and and dips to black and maybe some frame holds and reversals then link to my profile and DL my 3 vids all of them are simple and well done

if you dont believe me just look at the comment Kairens (i think i spelled that wrong) left for my video Concrete Chise

KiraxKun
Org Profile

Post by KiraxKun » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm

thanks i will give it a shot xD thanks for helping all im going to make my ultimate amv! and put some credit for you all!

Side Swipe
Org Profile

Post by Side Swipe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Only give me credit if i tell you the video comes out good otherwise I deny all knowledge

Return to “Effects & Techniques”