IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Postby The HBK » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:22 pm

wow no one want a friendship thread?

hmmm thought it was cool to see that style of amvs
The HBK
 
Joined: 11 May 2007

Postby Scott Green » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:59 am

-oops please remove the post XD
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Scott Green
Greenwhore
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Location: Austria
Status: The Dark Tower

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:06 pm

There really needs to be a Death Note Thread. Death Note Roxorz.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

Postby Goketsu » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:28 am

Mchy wrote:There really needs to be a Death Note Thread. Death Note Roxorz.

hmm I could name like 6 or 7 right off the top of my head to recommend lol
what I really want to see is a thread recommending Beck Mongolian Chop Squad Amvs because I could only find one good one that I liked and that wasn't part of an mep track and the amv is called Say It and it was made by Ileia
User avatar
Goketsu
 
Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Postby Kevmaster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 am

Goketsu wrote:
Mchy wrote:There really needs to be a Death Note Thread. Death Note Roxorz.

hmm I could name like 6 or 7 right off the top of my head to recommend lol
what I really want to see is a thread recommending Beck Mongolian Chop Squad Amvs because I could only find one good one that I liked and that wasn't part of an mep track and the amv is called Say It and it was made by Ileia


If there are barely any, then the recoomendation thread wouldnt make any sense?
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
 
Joined: 28 May 2006

Postby Goketsu » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Goketsu wrote:
Mchy wrote:There really needs to be a Death Note Thread. Death Note Roxorz.

hmm I could name like 6 or 7 right off the top of my head to recommend lol
what I really want to see is a thread recommending Beck Mongolian Chop Squad Amvs because I could only find one good one that I liked and that wasn't part of an mep track and the amv is called Say It and it was made by Ileia


If there are barely any, then the recoomendation thread wouldnt make any sense?

hmm I guess I thought other people might have seen some and I missed them but you have a good point it wouldn't make sense
User avatar
Goketsu
 
Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:32 pm

you can rec those in the genre categories you know O:
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Postby Yoshikee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 pm

A shakugan no shana AMV section would be pretty cool, hard to find good AMVs of that
Yoshikee
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2008

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:59 am

I would like to see "Artistic AMVs" thread.

It's true that it's hard to determine what "artistic" really means, but I would love to see some good pieces of this "genre", as I stumbled upon a few which could have been counted into it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby Pas » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 am

I'm surprised there's no "Original AMVs" thread, I mean the .org activly encourages it's userbase to be as creative as possible, and originality is one of the key features to a good AMV, to the point where it's a measure of score in Opinion ratings.

Key examples of what I would define as "Original AMVs" are ones like ZS's "Daydream", Koop's "Twilight" and BL's "Lacrima", all videos where the editor has gone above and beyond to present to us a more original view on an already familiar source. Now, don't get this confused with any AMV that employs the use of masking and rotoscoping, it's more along the lines of "The editor has a story or concept they want to convey, and have gone out of their way to create original content that allows for the story to be told" While these kinds of videos may not be large in number, I have yet to stumble across one which I haven't enjoyed.

Of course the term "Original" can be further discussed, such as concept and execution, but I do think that this is an issue worth looking into.
Pas
のヮの
 
Joined: 01 Jul 2007

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Pas wrote:I'm surprised there's no "Original AMVs" thread, I mean the .org activly encourages it's userbase to be as creative as possible, and originality is one of the key features to a good AMV, to the point where it's a measure of score in Opinion ratings.

Key examples of what I would define as "Original AMVs" are ones like ZS's "Daydream", Koop's "Twilight" and BL's "Lacrima", all videos where the editor has gone above and beyond to present to us a more original view on an already familiar source. Now, don't get this confused with any AMV that employs the use of masking and rotoscoping, it's more along the lines of "The editor has a story or concept they want to convey, and have gone out of their way to create original content that allows for the story to be told" While these kinds of videos may not be large in number, I have yet to stumble across one which I haven't enjoyed.

Of course the term "Original" can be further discussed, such as concept and execution, but I do think that this is an issue worth looking into.

"Original" is too subjective.
User avatar
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Status: Maybe editing?

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby Knowname » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

I'd like to request if a mod could go through all of our beautiful threads and update the old [vidid=] tags to the new ones? If not I'd LOVE to do this :? (no... really! I have a boring job lol)

[MOD 403: Currently going through every thread. 1st and 3rd pages done.

Edit: 2/22/09 Done, and glad to be. There are 1600+ posts here, so it is possible that I may have missed a few. Use the mod drop box or report post if you find one that needs editing]


thankyou 403 <3
If you do not think so... you will DIE
User avatar
Knowname
 
Joined: 16 Nov 2002
Location: Sanity, USA (on the edge... very edge)
Status: Indubitably

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am

I demand a thread for "WTF AMVs". Not parodies, just "What the hell did I just watch?"

For some examples, TOHH's Triplicate, Malificus's This Is a Placeholder, almost anything from godix, etc ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby datsaelx13 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:20 pm

hiiiii i want to put a new topic called Videos Using Great Teacher Onizuka and Videos Using Death note i was watching some good videos from this series :)
datsaelx13
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2007

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:TOHH's Triplicate

:awesome:
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english

Image
Boredom.
User avatar
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Location: State of Denial
Status: Hooked on a Feeling

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended AMVs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests