Processor Replacement

KyoMatsu
Org Profile

Processor Replacement

Post by KyoMatsu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:48 pm

I ended up replacing my processor in my computer from a Dual core 3.4ghz to a Core 2 duo 2.66 ghz, ya think itll give a better performance syncing the audio and video in preview mode? and make rendering alittle faster due to the fact that its a better processor?

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:03 pm

what was the make model of processor, and is you ram least 1 gb, 1.5 at least for vista.

generally if you were going from lets say a pentium4 or celeron to core 2 duo you should see a difference since the core 2 duo is more efficient.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm Running Intel Core Duo 1.86 Processors, 3G DDR2 660 Ram with Vista and XP on separate partitions.
Vista is fine for video editing but I'm personally not happy with trying to use avi-synth just because of the fact its just wont recognise notepad as its default program to open up with.. thus I use XP, I know it will work.

Rendering with XP.
With the above specs I find rendering 1500 frames with 3 layers of effects and wav audio in premiere pro to take about 3-5 minutes to complete. The advantage is that the duo processors will allow you to alt tab and work on something else.
Be aware though that if it too uses a lot of processing power your render will complete but die in the arse.

Rendering with Vista.
As states above except it handles the alt tabbing a bit better, I can actually alt tab between several documents and the interwebz maybe even watch a video/dvd while it render's, haven't had a problem yet.

Core Duo was created for multi-tasking, break her in until she bleeds, then you know how far you can go until it falls over =/

Return to “Hardware Discussion”