Hellsing Ultimate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 am

a bit too much talking but the animations was awesome as usual O:

SIEG HEIL!

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:53 pm

I had mixed feelings about Episode 4. Agreed that Rip Van Winkle cried too much. She did the same in the manga... but it was more like a page or two of sheer terror before she pulled herself together and attacked. In the anime it was a bit silly... she was sitting these whining for what seemed like forever.

I don't think the Major talked too much at all. In fact, I thought his speeches were really what made the episode. The final speech where he went on about how much he loved war... I thought that was great. I think it explained his motivation even more clearly than anywhere in the manga. He really just becomes the embodiment for the love of violence and the adrenaline rush that comes with it.

I guess what annoyed me about Episode 4 was that so little actually happened. At the beginning of the episode, the Major was taking off in the blimp to start the war... and at the end of the episode he's still taking off in the blimp to go start the war! I mean, really... geez. All that happened was that Rip Van Winkle cried a lot and the major ranted about how great war was. That was it... that was the episode. Get on with it already!

So, yeah. Now I'm anxiously awaiting Episode 5, and knowing how slow these guys are, I'm sure we won't see it for at least 6 months. Grr.

Epiosde 2 with the Valentine Brothers is still the best episode...

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Where are you guys getting your copies? I've searched Amazon and my local Best Buy and Borders, and they're all saying nothing of the sort is available.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Weirdlet wrote:Where are you guys getting your copies? I've searched Amazon and my local Best Buy and Borders, and they're all saying nothing of the sort is available.
Get the japanese r2 version ;) Soft Subbs for the ova shouldnt be too hard to find on the net.

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

I think I'd prefer the version with the metal case and Crispin Freeman's voice.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:09 pm

Weirdlet wrote:Where are you guys getting your copies? I've searched Amazon and my local Best Buy and Borders, and they're all saying nothing of the sort is available.
The first three were dubbed, but as soon as Geneon USA died, they were the first to become sold out. I was smart to buy them early.
I say wait around on Amazon and eBay until they turn up.

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Ahh- it's been sold off but not officially sent off to stores?

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Weirdlet wrote:Ahh- it's been sold off but not officially sent off to stores?
It went to stores when Geneon USA, Hellsing Ultimate's distributer, was still up and running. Geneon USA went bankrupt a while back, and ever since, all Geneon USA titles have been in Limbo. The only ones available in stores are those that were in stock before Geneon went bankrupt. Hellsing Ultimate was one of the most popular titles out there, so they disappeared pretty quickly.
I managed to find a few Geneon titles, such as Fate/stay night, on Amazon for double their original price, but if you say Hellsing Ultimate isn't there then i guess its just bad luck on your part.
As of now, the only way that Hellsing Ultimate will ever be shipped to stores again, is if another distributing company, such as Funimation or ADV, picks up the titles that Geneon USA dropped. I hear Funimation was showing interest in it, but nothing is guarenteed.

Good luck.

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Thank you- I'll keep an eye out.

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Get the japanese r2 version ;) Soft Subbs for the ova shouldnt be too hard to find on the net.
cause r2s definitely dont cost hundreds of dollars

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”