A problem with sound

KholdStare88
Org Profile

A problem with sound

Post by KholdStare88 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Hm I've always had this problem but I have no idea how to fix it or what is wrong with it.

-My laptop speakers work fine; there's nothing wrong with it.
-When I plug in my headphones/speakers, sometimes no sound would come out from there.
-If I unplug and wait an hour or so, sometimes sound will come back to the headphones/speakers.
-If it comes back on, then it will work until I unplug my headphones/speakers or if I hibernate/stand by/restart/shut down my computer with the headphones/speakers plugged in.
-Sometimes when I plug/unplug my laptop (or charge/stop charging my laptop), the sound from the headphones/speakers would go away.

Now I can guess that this has something to do with power management or something close to that. Has anyone have the same problem or knows what to do about this? Any help would be appreciated!

Dell Inspiron B130 (ME051)
Intel Celeron M
1.40 GHz
0.99 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
"I like your sausage (even if they are super long)" -JaddziaDax

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:50 am

There is a problem with the audio drivers. I experienced it when I moved to Vista. At first I thought it was the power or the headphone port that was causing the issue (you may verify that too) but it turned out to be the audio drivers for me.

gangstaj8
Org Profile

Post by gangstaj8 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 am

Yeah, could definitely be a driver issue. Try updating or even reinstalling them. But don't overlook the idea that it could be hardware. You could have a faulty jack.
The Golden Rule of AMV's: "Render unto others as you would have them Render unto you."

Return to “Hardware Discussion”