Audio Timing Off.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:26 pm

*sighs and points at the sticky again*
If you read through it you'd find a comment by sweetdeily about how "it looks synced in WMM but when you export it's not" that's because the playback in WMM is laggin slightly and you're timing looks right but isn't"

If your last video clip is slightly longer (2 frames are hard to see in WMM since its not realy single frame accurate) than the audio and you exported the seperately or you are editing with a variable bitrate mp3 OR you're exporting at a differnet frame rate than your footage actually is... the list goes on all could be possible reasons there's a difference in time between your audio/video.

My advice is to export them together, then strip of the audio and compress it and reattach to your video in a direct stream copy in virtualdubbmod.

OR get a better editing program >.<
new banzors in the making :p

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 pm

No, I mean the exported clip is actually SHORTER than it was in Movie Maker before it was exported. If you import that clip back in and compare it with the project, you find that they're not the same length.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Hareoic wrote:No, I mean the exported clip is actually SHORTER than it was in Movie Maker before it was exported. If you import that clip back in and compare it with the project, you find that they're not the same length.
that's got nothing to do with your audio at all. If you're talking about the whole movie. If you're talking about the audio within the movie then once again check you aren't editing with a VBR mp3.

Try adding a black .jpeg to the end of the timeline (you can cut it off in Vdubbmod later)
This should force it to export, also try exporting "best quality for my computer" instead of DV_AVI or some other exporting settings and see what codecs/containers it applies too. and check your export settings/project settings are appropriate to the footage you're using.
new banzors in the making :p

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Autraya wrote:also try exporting "best quality for my computer" instead of DV_AVI or some other exporting settings and see what codecs/containers it applies too. and check your export settings/project settings are appropriate to the footage you're using.
Can't, the project's too complex, all it can work with is the DV file. And it's annoying, because even if I cut out every single transition and such, I cannot save the whole file. I tried dividing it and THEN I could save it as a WMV, but that ALSO makes it shorter, so it doesn't work.

I found an article that says the the DV-AVI of Movie Maker 2 actually cuts out some frames at random. This pretty much explains everything except where I can actually get the original (my service pack 1 CD has vanished completely) so unless by some miracle I somehow manage to get my hands on the Movie Maker 1 executable, I'm screwed.

WesW
Org Profile

Post by WesW » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:01 pm

All these problems appear to be solved in v6 for Vista, so if you have been thinking about an upgrade, this is another reason to do so.
I've combined multiple tracks, from a song and the anime, with no problem; I've inserted clips with audio and turned them off; I've slid the main song up and down the file- never had a problem what-so-ever.
You can also save wmv's at 3Mbps in either 640x480, 720x480 (4:3) or 720x480 (16:9), or in 640x480 at any data rate you want below that.
Editor of Classic Rock Productions - "Old-school editing for old-school Rock"

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 am

Would any of these fixes help with the audio constantly skipping and slowing down?

I saved my file. And it plays. Just plays like shit.

It starts and the audio is choppy and its to slow.
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”