Winners of the 2008 Viewers' Choice Awards! [+ post mortem]

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:49 pm

8-)

The year I care least about the VCA (only exception maybe 2002), I win for the first time. Awesome.

Out of curiousity, are there any prices this year? If not, that's fine :>

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 pm

P.S. I like the ribbon. Whose idea was that? It's neat.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:24 pm

DriftRoot wrote:AMV competitions, the reputable ones anyways, generally have minimum guidelines that must be met before an AMV will be considered for any kind of finalist/semi-finalist status. Why? Because - I assume - to place individuals who dotted all their i's and crossed all their t's behind individuals who failed to do this, but might just be popular among the masses, is not fair.

/me deletes lengthy rant about messed up aspect ratios and subtitled footage being allowed past the front door of the VCAs.

That said, I otherwise thought the improvements to this year's competition were great and I hope it continues in the future. :)
I have to say I was shocked to see this in the finals this year. But I guess the viewers wanted subtitles, so.... :roll:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 pm

JCD wrote:8-)

The year I care least about the VCA (only exception maybe 2002), I win for the first time. Awesome.

Out of curiousity, are there any prices this year? If not, that's fine :>
That's what happens when you don't pay attention :P

Vlad

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Thanks for the comments and the encouragement, guys! I don't have much time to address everything right now (real life is busy too blah blah blah), but I can quickly respond to the following:
JCD wrote:Out of curiousity, are there any prices this year? If not, that's fine :>
We were planning to give out physical prizes, but right now it depends on whether we can get a hold of Phade for funds.
Fall_Child42 wrote:P.S. I like the ribbon. Whose idea was that? It's neat.
That was Doki's idea. :)
Vlad wrote:The Job's all yours now (for many years to come hopefully!)
Aw man, what have I gotten myself into?
/me plots to trick some other mod into running the contest.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Turbo wrote:To-do list for next year:
1) Enable "Put all your videos in catalog" by default
I think you'll find it's that way deliberately.
jasper-isis wrote:
Vlad wrote:The Job's all yours now (for many years to come hopefully!)
Aw man, what have I gotten myself into?
/me plots to trick some other mod into running the contest.
Who is this mysterious stranger who has IM'd me, and what do they wish of me? :amv:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm

jasper-isis wrote: We were planning to give out physical prizes, but right now it depends on whether we can get a hold of Phade for funds.
GOOD IDEA! And if you do but him again as we stil need to get some extra for last years.. NO, I've not forgotton about last years winners and they WILL get something, even if I have to sponsor something myself....

Vlad

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Kristyrat wrote:Aye, huge props to Jasper, TJ (and doki :3) for pulling the VCAs through this year, must have been a lot of work. :up:
[Kristyrat]
I wouldn't know; in comparison to Jasper and doki I barely did anything :uhoh: (I really just gave feedback/ideas, and watched some videos) so big props to them :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:54 pm

I hope you're not still mad at me for going around saying I disagree with VCA results in bright terms like "WHAT. THE. FUCK." and blahblahblah >__> I don't think I ever agreed with more than 40% of the year's winners. This year it's closer to 20%. So what. On the other hand I agreed with 85% of the nominees for the final round. So what also. I don't think who won and what I think about it is the point of the VCA.

Honestly, this was the best-run VCA in the last 3-4 years. Screw the results - the improvements to the system, the addition to the pack, the streamlining of rules and registration procedures - if that's the attention the VCA will get from the coordinators every year, it'll no doubt keep sharp. The big VCA pack is probably the coolest feature to come to the contest evar.

So in my view, don't change anything, just continue an active approach to the VCA like this. And ban people like me from whining.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Otohiko wrote:And ban people like me from whining.
Can do! :lol:

Return to “Site Announcements”