Newbie Mac Amver here with a few qs

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
pipcafe
Org Profile

Newbie Mac Amver here with a few qs

Post by pipcafe » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 am

...hello all and thank you for looking at this.

I am new to amvs, but not to video editing. However I am not accustomed to ripping dvds for the best quality. (I can rip, but the quality is not crystal clear)

I was just wondering what it is you Mac Users out there use to work on your videos. I looked at the "how to guide" and it seemed kinda out of date and some of the software doesn't exist anymore. Also they were using imovie.....(I have FCE)

I was just wondering if someone could explain the steps they take to get their video done.

Thank you again!

Pherphq
Org Profile

Post by Pherphq » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:26 pm

most mac users I think use final cut pro for video edit and steps you can get use to amvapp to get your video done

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:36 pm

IIRC the amvapp is geared towards windows machines

I use a windows/linux pc, so I can't help out much
shazzy has a site that gets linked a lot in these situations
http://www.ishtori.net/

looks like its just what you need

obh04
Org Profile

Post by obh04 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Use MactheRipper to rip your DVDs.

jmshino
Org Profile

Post by jmshino » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:37 am

Mac the ripper for ripping dvd's, download clip creater for mac(helps alot), find a song , and fce is pretty awesome but you might need another program to do some other effects....example i have fcp but i still use after effects and photoshop to do some stuff.

nifear4
Org Profile

Post by nifear4 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:35 pm

I just got FCP, used FCE to do effects, but its annoying with the whole .dv conversion.

Also, FCE and FCP, i think you can download different plug-in effects.

MACtheRIPPER is good, you should try handbrake as well, pretty easy and simple program to use, and comes out to be a .mp4 or a .avi.

But yeah, have fun, I'm pretty new to the whole Final Cut thing... when i first opened, it was quite overwhelming with all the things you can do, but I just messed around in it and found some pretty neat stuff.

And if anyone knows how to go around the .dv conversion, but I don't think there is anything around that haha.

Return to “Mac Software”