CSUN AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:51 am

lol....I know what you mean...And I'm extremely terrified...I'm going to be a dead zombie for a few days or so....bah..

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:12 am

Ikasu wrote:No...lol..The contest is on the 30th of this month....But the judging is tomorow....The deadline was originally the 2nd of this month but I extended it since some certain people were pulling all nighters to get their new videos done for this contest...So it was the least I could do for them....
Oh ok, I kind of get it, is this going to be a pre-judged event then? So will all videos be shown and the winners announced afterwards or will only the winners be shown?
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:33 am

Paul Kievits wrote:
Ikasu wrote:No...lol..The contest is on the 30th of this month....But the judging is tomorow....The deadline was originally the 2nd of this month but I extended it since some certain people were pulling all nighters to get their new videos done for this contest...So it was the least I could do for them....
Oh ok, I kind of get it, is this going to be a pre-judged event then? So will all videos be shown and the winners announced afterwards or will only the winners be shown?
Contest Info Link

Looks like there will be both judge categories, and audience categories, plus something from sponsors?

I guess the judges influence comes in early, as I recall something about limiting the number of vids shown at the contest.
IIRC it was something like 40 vids being shown? (total? in each category? I don't remember. )
anyway, the link says there are Judges awards, audience awards, and some more.
Really, if you make the final cut, they have to watch your vid, right? that's MY ultimate revenge! ;)
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:13 pm

I'm just aobut to upload it now, and I don't think you're still online, but I just wanted to ask about the 10 seconds of black before the video My intro leaves about 2 seconds of black :( Is that going to be a major problem?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:19 pm

Well I thankfully met the deadline. I believe you have all three of my entries right? They are all under Sean Thordsen rather than my studio name.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:51 pm

Ahhh...Wired knight...Yes I have them all backed up on my current pc and the pc I'm going to be running the contest on just incase this one crashes...Heh...Also it is a judge and audience voted event...Tomorow will be the judging...all 3 of them actually visit these forums...One is TheRealNeoHentaiMaster (Despite his name...He knows what he's judging...Heh), Castor Troy, and Anneke....We will be showing around 32 videos for the contest but that may be changed to a higher ammount...There are prizes but I've been working so much lately that I don't know what the other co-ordinator got for prizes...I know we have a dvd for each category winner and the grand prize winner gets a large trophy and something else...Don't know what though...But tomorow once I get home from the judging I will be posting all the category finalists....

About 12 hours and 10 minutes left till it hits the deadline....If you don't make it by that time still submit anyway though...If I wake up in the morning and have time to download all the videos quickly I will do so......Just incase but make SURE you atleast make a attempt and upload your video at or before 12 am....

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:21 pm

I just finished uploading two videos a little while ago. I left my house then came back later to check that they all made it alright, and they're not in the folder. I was just wondering if you got them alright:

Character_Shades.mpg and Kusanagi_and_The_Dude.mpg, plus their respective .txt files.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:00 pm

Yup...I got them allright...

anneke
Org Profile

Can I complain

Post by anneke » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:03 pm

Can I complain? With over a 100 entries I'm looking at over 8 hours of AMV watching. To Quote Labyrinth: "Ouch, my tooshy." <grin>

Anneke

[/i]

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:30 pm

Ikasu wrote:Yup...I got them allright...
Sweet deal! :D

Return to “AMV Contests”