If you have the patience of a saint...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Garylisk
Org Profile

If you have the patience of a saint...

Post by Garylisk » Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:55 am

If you have the patience of a saint, you can get my AMVs now.

Whenever I am dialed up to the net, which is mostly at night, and I usually leave my comp on the net overnight as well, I will be running an FTP server from my computer to serve my AMV's. I added indirect links to my AMVs listings here at the org. the links lead to a portal page that will have information on the up/down status of the server, and the IP address if it's up.

2 user limit, and I'm on dialup, so don't expect anything super duper with speed, but at least now you guys can see my previous vids, plus the previews of my two newer vids that aren't done yet. (One of which will be done shortly(Falling in Love (Hina) Again), one of which might take me longer since I have to remake it completely using DVD footage(Growing up and Closer...)...)

Anyway, so if you are patient enough to wait and see when the FTP goes up, patient enough to wait until there's a slot on the server open, and then patient enough to transfer an AMV at speeds ranging from 2k to 6k a second, you're so in there :P

Yeah I know it sucks! :P It's the best I can do for the moment.

If what I am thinking is gonna happen inevitably happens, I'll have a fast net connection soon enough. Then it'll be all about hosting vids with faster speeds and more client connections :)

Anyway, check 'em out!

Later

-Garylisk
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

hopelesswarrior
Org Profile

Post by hopelesswarrior » Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:56 am

garyl¡sk wrote:

this account is not to be confused with garylisk. this account is not affiliated, authorized,sponsored or endorsed by garylisk. this is a huge experiment and i am not garylisk.if you want this account, garylisk, just say so.
i always hated the fine print

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:02 am

Oh jeez... I figures this would happen SOMEDAY with case-sensitive account names :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:03 am

fine by me
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:04 am

woops some of my message went away. :oops:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”