Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jedi_Kakarott
Org Profile

Heard about the Yoko art book?

Post by Jedi_Kakarott » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Click on for the goods. Happy Valentine's Day.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Re: Heard about the Yoko art book?

Post by Pas » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Jedi_Kakarott wrote:Click on for the goods. Happy Valentine's Day.
<insert>
Many thanks to you d('-'d)

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Hooray!

Post by hasteroth » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:55 am

I love this show! I started watching it last week.
Spoiler :
I'm still sad about how Kamina dies though...

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:43 am

Should start watching this show soon...
Everyone from my anime pals talks about it. 8-)

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Should start watching this show soon...
Everyone from my anime pals talks about it. 8-)
YES YOU MUST!

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:54 am

THIS IS EPIC !!!

And I though Mecha-Animes suck :roll: !
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:13 am

I stopped watching at ep 17, but the fun was already gone at ep 11 or 12.

The first the Episodes were good times though. I'd buy the first couple of Dvd's.

What impressed me :
This Anime was very straight. How they get to the surface, sart fighting reckless. and get an army ready. I just slippered through the Episodes wanting more.
Spoiler :
And a sudden death gives you the feeling : OMgwut? Needs to know how the Anime still can go on
But then we come to a point where just one enemy after another comes, they get a little beaten up and then comes the super fighting spirit --> win. That's just lame :x

Character Design is like "Waaah?? Great !!" too. And its dammed weird at the beginning.

I thought these ugly looking robots where just for fun :roll:

That's all.....
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 am

mal shuir wrote:I stopped watching at ep 17, but the fun was already gone at ep 11 or 12.
Then fun is never gone |:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!!

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:59 am

Pas1990 wrote:
mal shuir wrote:I stopped watching at ep 17, but the fun was already gone at ep 11 or 12.
Then fun is never gone |:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!!
NO! NO! NO! I kinda wound up watching Clannad and Kanon before finishing Gurren Lagann so I haven't finished yet.

Spoiler :
I'm still a little sore over Kamina's death
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

MusoukaProductions
Org Profile

Post by MusoukaProductions » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

The actual end fight was great, but the ending with what happens to Simon was just dumb.
Spoiler :
I mean WTF, he just becomes a lonely wanderer? Ok, he's probably not fit to be the president, but he probably should still be in the government. It just seemed like such a sad existence for him after he basically saved the universe. Or maybe he could have married Yoko instead.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”