Katsucon 14 AMV Contest FINALISTS!!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:13 am

Hmm. This is only the second time since 2003 that I didn't make finals. Of course, it helps that (1) I shouldn't use an over-used song as the background, and (2) I shouldn't spoil major, MAJOR moments of the anime I'm showcasing in my video. Also, to be fair, there *were* 70 entries in the contest, and I was told there were a LOT of videos in the action category this year, and I was warned that my video would be on the brink one way or the other.

Still, 2007 was just a year that I wasn't hitting on all cylinders for my AMV's. But this year should be good (I hope) with what I have planned. So here's looking to 2008!

Plus, for those going to Katsu, I'm showing The Doomrider Project: DBZ in 10 Minutes on Saturday morning at 8:45am right after the showings of the Bardock and Trunks TV specials. Please come over and check it out!
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:27 pm

fairytale should win O:

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 pm

OtakuForLife wrote:Reactions:

1) ALRIGHT I'M IN
2) Hay scoob, I actually get to meet you thats cool.
3) Wait is that Vicbond?
4) Stay Calm
5) Do we get reserved seating or is it first come like everybody else?
WOW! I can still go online before the connection here at the Hotel becomes totally pwned!

For question #5, there is no reserved seating. Seating shall favor the victorious!

I wish you good luck in the coming battle! :twisted:

Don't feel bad, though, I don't get a seat! I stand guard at the door and hand out ballots! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:27 pm

sooo... yo, who won?

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Rider4Z wrote:sooo... yo, who won?
ACTION: Darkness Within - Majjamis

ROMANCE: Accidentally in Love - VicBond007

UPBEAT: Ouran: Love! Angst! Crack!! - ForeverZeroo (The Element)

DRAMA: Life of a Dog - Pt. 2 - RiderG

COMEDY: The Anime Network - A Mouse With A Moustache

TECHNICAL: d!gital me - CrackTheSky

COORDINATOR'S CHOICE: Fairytale - Radical_Yue

BEST IN SHOW: Accidentally in Love - VicBond007

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 pm

ooo best drama ^_^ i'll take it

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Gratz to all the winners!

Another great show!

What was it that Vic Bond did to get a special thank you in the program book? Other than making another great AMV :)

TheLongshot
Org Profile

Post by TheLongshot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 am

Some comments about the contest (unfortunately, I don't have a ballot in front of me, so I can't perfectly remember what was what):

Action: Personally, The Deth Of Anime was my choice, for some pretty good use of Dethklok if nothing else. Was the winner the Death Note video? I think I remember that one being pretty good.

Romance: A real tough category this year. I had three videos I was arguing between. I decided on Love Of Mine over VicBond's Accidently In Love. Yes, Chrono Crusade videos have been somewhat overdone, but it was another pitch-perfect music video for that anime.

Upbeat: For me, it was between the two Ouran videos. I ended up picking the other one, maybe because the Jet song has been overused.

Drama: Not a strong category in my eyes. I ended up giving it to Lily-White, which I thought was impressive for making a video out of a short subject. I didn't honestly think it had a chance of winning, tho. I couldn't vote for D!gital Me, but I thought it was deserving of some special recognition.

Humor: It was obvious that The Anime Network was going to be the winner, and it was my vote. I thought Twincest was a close second, tho.

Jason

Return to “AMV Contests”