Welcome to the new forum!

GAlbright
Org Profile

Post by GAlbright » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:39 pm

Get real. The net is EVOLVING beyond text-based and into the graphic-based. Sure, text is still necessary, but the fact remains that more and more of the net is starting to use a hell of a lot more graphic's.
Okay. I don't have any problems with talented, knowledgable web designers using graphics. The problem is that few people are such, and those are the kind of idiots who will use huge-ass sig pics (both dimension-wise and fliesize-wise). It was better off when we didn't have to deal with images like these from the un-web-worthy.

Any web designer worth his salt knows that you need to make your site as accessable to anyone as possible, no matter what their modem speed or web browser.
Oh, and GAlbright, take another look at the forum colors again. Main color's: Grey and White. The Blue and Orange only ACCENT the borders and main links.
I wasn't talking about the forums; I was talking about the rest of the site. :P
It just isnt normal seeing the organization of phpbb in such a previously chaotic place.
You've got it backwards. It was organized before; <i>now</i> it's chaotic.

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:16 pm

That is why you have Restrictions. Taking them totally away will just mean that the whole forum upgrade was only to get what... the BB Code and the multiple page wrap. Oh, and the new actual "look". Feh. Might as well have just stayed with the old forum look.

Actually this forum here IS more organised and easier to navigate than the old forum.

And I'm sure that the BB Code can handle link characters such as '%', given that the Administrator has the board recognize this.

I'll also note that I'm speaking that phpBB is also similar to VBulletin, since I know that with VBulletin you CAN do all these things. I really haven't worked with phpBB before, but from what I've seen so far of phpBB, its all pretty close, if not almost a mirror image of VBulletin. (Although I do prefer VBulletin over any other forum though. :P )
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

muahahah

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:51 pm

I don't care what ya'll say...

This new look was NEEDED and the darker gray and blue is easier on the eyes than say, black on white.

If I designed this (yeah, like I know html... [sniffle]) I would have made the theme white on black. As far as web design goes, that's probably the easiest on the eyes...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

GAlbright
Org Profile

Post by GAlbright » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:28 am

Feh. Might as well have just stayed with the old forum look.
Exactly!

I can't believe I'm the only one speaking against this...[/quote]

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:53 am

Please don't take what I said there and make it sound like I'm backin' you, because I'm not. I was sayin' that if we did all that you do suggest, then there was no point in a forum upgrade at all.

Sorry, but the main reason why I didn't post or anything like that in the old forum was because it seemed too chaotic, something that you feel comfortable with.
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:34 am

As many people already stated, this is going to take some getting used to. Other than that Looking nice Phade.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:22 am

OrionPro001 wrote:That is why you have Restrictions. Taking them totally away will just mean that the whole forum upgrade was only to get what... the BB Code and the multiple page wrap. Oh, and the new actual "look". Feh. Might as well have just stayed with the old forum look.
The forum wasn't upgraded to allow for page wrap, bbcode, or a new look - it was upgraded so that Phade could appoint moderators, and so that removing posts wouldn't screw things up. Anything additional is either a bonus or a detraction.

Hawaii
Org Profile

Post by Hawaii » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:37 pm

Loving the new site. It was certainly a nice surprise to find it up and running, better than ever. As always, Phade, excellent work. :D
"Don't try to be like Jackie...there is only one Jackie. Study computers instead." --Jackie Chan

GAlbright
Org Profile

Post by GAlbright » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:07 pm

jbone wrote:The forum wasn't upgraded to allow for page wrap, bbcode, or a new look - it was upgraded so that Phade could appoint moderators, and so that removing posts wouldn't screw things up. Anything additional is either a bonus or a detraction.
Yeah... mostly detractions. :P

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:12 pm

The amount of debate that has already started on the forums is amazing....

...well sorta, I was actually kind of expecting this. But anyway...

I must say I like the new forums, past my original 'Oh my god what did he do?' moment. Yea it'll take getting used to, but guess what: you'll get used to it. Change is good, so stop griping and enjoy yourselves guys. The site is bigger than what the forums look like. You could be making videos instead of saying how much better things could be. Phade does a great job, I personally couldn't ask for much more, especially considering the fact that we even have a site like this.

Phade, you rock. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Site Announcements”