2008 Judge's Choice Awards

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

2008 Judge's Choice Awards

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:49 am

Hey there Guys and Gals,

As many of you know, AnimeMusicVideos.Org anually hosts the Viewer's Choice Awards. (VCA) to commemorate notable videos within the past year via vote of the viewers. The Judge's Choice Awards (JCA) is a contest designed to complement the VCA's in order to provide a different viewpoint on the videos released within the past year. It is independently sponsored and is in no way affiliated with the actual AnimeMusicVideos.org VCAs aside from it coinciding with the VCAs and using its categories and semi-finalists.

Though the basis of the JCA is to have winners selected by judges, viewer participation is still necessary to nominate the judges and to help narrow down the field of videos that the judges will be choosing from. Hopefully, we can get a good amount of participation to help make this contest successful.

Calendar of Events

UPDATED 12/14

Judge Nomination 1/14 - 1/26 Completed
Judge Selection 1/28 - 2/3 Completed
Video Nomination 2/4 - 2/10 (subject to change) Cancelled
Video Selection 2/4 - (Will be using semi-finalists from the VCAs)
Final Judging 2/4 - 2/24 Completed
Winners Announced 2/25 Completed

Below is a breakdown of each of the events:

Judge Nomination - This will take place in a forum, where anyone can nominate a judge, who will then be taken into consideration. Only one nomination of a judge be needed for that judge to be considered. There will be guidelines for judge nominations that participants can read over before nominating a judge.

Judge Selection - This will take place in a forum post that has polling (The org admins have granted me this request to make a poll for when the time comes). After the nominations have taken place, the nominees will be contacted and asked whether or not they would like to participate if they are chosen. Those who agree will be put in a poll and anyone is able to vote for a judge via forum poll. These polls will be limited to one vote per person, and also remain confidential. The top 5 judges will make-up the panel of judges for this year's JCAs.

Video Nomination - This will take place via forum post and email. Using AnimeMusicVideos.org's VCA categories, participants will be allowed to nominate any video released within 2007 (not limited to the org as long as the submission is downloadable) - All semi-finalists that are in the VCAs are automatically part of the contest. Therefore, these videos need not be nominated. As it stands, people will need to email me their nominees per category - I will setup some kind of template for people to fill out and then email to me.

Video Selection - The final pool of nominated videos will be shown to the public via forum post, and it'll be up to the judges to decide the winners. Depending on how many semi finalists there are per category - there will only be a handful from the video nomination round that will be added to the contest.

Final Judging/Winner Selection - This will be done by the anonymous panel of judges where a judging rubric (that will be available for the public to view) will be provided for judges to consider when voting. The winners shall be posted at the same time as the VCA winners.

Prizes and/or awards are currently being taken into consideration - I'm thinking a trophy or certificate is very likely for all winning videos/editors.

|:>
Last edited by Koopiskeva on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:44 am, edited 20 times in total.
Hi.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:52 am

Sounds good to me.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 pm

awesome. Good system. I´m interessted in how good the judge system will turn out.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Sounds good to me koop.
I'll let you know if i come up with any suggestions as to how anything should work.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:04 pm

My only concern at the moment is the "one vote per person" part of the judge selection. If there's a giant slew of nominees, I think it might make more sense to have each voter rank their top two or three judges, and designate points for how you get ranked or something.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:17 pm

hi
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 pm

hello

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm totally judgmental! :up:

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Beowulf wrote:I'm totally judgmental! :up:
/votes Beo for presedent-uh I mean judge.

I dunno kewp I don't think it matters what we do there will be people complaining (and then promptly get shot by the gastapo) and think it's unfair/byast w/e (that's why I argue against pommies on the .org they will find cyberspace weather to complain about :P )
*shrugs* that's my 2 bobs worth, provided you can see my point amongst sugar induced typing
new banzors in the making :p

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 pm

sure

Return to “AMV Contests”