Flying/Letter Arrangement Special Effects!

Booncy
Org Profile

Flying/Letter Arrangement Special Effects!

Post by Booncy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:39 am

After long decision I've finally decided that it's time that I got myself some kind of logo video scene for before or after my AMV's to advertise myself and my productions: Booncy Productions. I have a very imaginative idea that's sticking in my head on how I want to do this. I want to have 7 rainbow colors swirling around the screen in the video in a black background (similar to the Ribbons screensaver for Windows Vista) then I want the 7 rainbow colors to turn into the word: Booncy, and then for the black background to completely dissappear and turn into the word: Productions on the bottom of Booncy. After the black background has completely dissappeared I want there to be nothing left, but a white background.

I'm pretty sure this idea can probably be done and executed through Adobe Premiere Pro, but what other video-editing programs does anyone suggest out there that can best help me to turn this creative idea into a reality?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:24 am

I suggest you to try it in after effect. If I got right what you want to do, the plug-in Trapcode 3D Stroke might help you in making the rainbow-like thing. You can find more info about it here.
As for the background, try something like this:
White solid layer, over this put the layer with the word "Productions" and over this a black solid layer. over these 3 layers you do the rainbow-like thing with the 3d stroke and when it's done, put a keyframe to the black solid layer's opacity. Then go to the point in time where word production must be fully visible on the white background and put another keyframe on the opacity of the black solid an put the opacity down to 0. This should work.
Also, at the trapcode site, there's a tutorial for the 3d stroke, so you can learn to use it, beside buying it (you can still download a trial edition, but there's the watermark).
Also, there might be some way to do the rainbow in Particle Illusion, but I prefer to stick to AE and plug-ins.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:18 pm

This is an excellent idea, and I think you should animate the entire sequence in MS Paint.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:31 pm

requiett wrote:This is an excellent idea, and I think you should animate the entire sequence in MS Paint.
Why not on a sheet with pencils? :lol:

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 am

mirkosp wrote:
requiett wrote:This is an excellent idea, and I think you should animate the entire sequence in MS Paint.
flip book all the way

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:55 am

prYzm wrote:
mirkosp wrote:
flip book all the way
You just gave me a cool idea.

/steals

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:41 am

Do it. 8bitgogoogog

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

Post by taifunbrowser » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:13 pm

prYzm wrote: flip book all the way
/steals also

you totally just broke my editors-block! woot!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”