Naruto: Shippuden samples

This forum is for posting images from anime shows. Please read the posting rules before posting in this forum.
x_rex30
Org Profile

Naruto: Shippuden samples

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:59 am

I am a big naruto fan, but when I watched the fillers, I didn't like the change in art style with characters and backgrounds. Then waiting patiently for Naruto Shippuden, I was dissapointed to find out the art style didn't change from the fillers when I expected it to. Does anyone have any screencaps of any episodes they find to have great art in it? Pictures that don't look like the same quality of the filler episodes? Has it changed for the better, I just wasn't enjoying the art style in the first episode and previews I've seen for other episodes look the same. Has it gotten any better?

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:24 am

to me, the fillers seemed just like what they were, fillers. it, to me, looks as though even the animators were bummed about all those fillers. but there are parts, (not so much the first few episodes) that the animation does look a little different than the first naruto(naruto I)
Spoiler :
I've just watched the episode where naruto starts being engulfed in the nine-tails chakra, forming 4 tails, and the animation is smooth and okay, but its not dramatically different than the usual naruto animation. if anyone can understand that.
as for artistic differences. yeah, now that I look at it, there are parts where the styles put toward the faces an-such do look visually different than before. but I'm still struggling to see the depth in the actual style of the show.

I'm sorry if I seem to be talking in circles, I hope someone can understand and translate for those that don't.

Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

EleventhAkatsuki
Org Profile

Post by EleventhAkatsuki » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:28 am

I don't know exactly what the fillers look like (I only started watching Naruto recently, and thankfully it was at about the beginning of Shippuuden - so I could see the good old episodes and new ones without bothering with fillers) but I noticed that the animation got at least a *little* bit better after the Rescue Gaara Arc (or whatever you want to call it).

Just my opinion, though, really.
Great Minds Bleed Alike.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 am

I can agree with that. not so "choppy"

once again...
Spoiler :
just for a moment, when sai came out with yamato, when narutos kunai came out, (I think its at 1:22, boochsack) the animation seemed to take a turn for the better, but then it went back to its regularity. no?
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

EleventhAkatsuki
Org Profile

Post by EleventhAkatsuki » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

76 wrote:
Spoiler :
just for a moment, when sai came out with yamato, when narutos kunai came out, (I think its at 1:22, boochsack) the animation seemed to take a turn for the better, but then it went back to its regularity. no?

Seemed like it, yeah. :lol:
Great Minds Bleed Alike.

duskull
Org Profile

?

Post by duskull » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:56 pm

well i thought episode 240 241 had good art work because of he fact that they are going to show the nine tail fox and it looked pretty nice

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:49 pm

I thought the massive puppet battle in episode 26 was very well done:
Sample 01
Sample 02
Sample 03

Episode 35 also boasted consistantly high quality:
Sample 04
Sample 05

That said, these are the only two episodes that I can recall off the top of my head that I didn't find myself cursing the poor animation.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Damn, the backgrounds look muddy, are there any times where the background reminds you of the colorful original(first 30 episodes, gaara battle, frog training, etc..)? Yeah these examples remind me of the fillers with the crappy backgrounds. I like the character art in ex.4 with Naruto's face, thou the hands and suit seem lazy. Character art in 3 is perfect, the background though doesn't seem like anything amazing.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:28 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Damn, the backgrounds look muddy, are there any times where the background reminds you of the colorful original(first 30 episodes, gaara battle, frog training, etc..)? Yeah these examples remind me of the fillers with the crappy backgrounds. I like the character art in ex.4 with Naruto's face, thou the hands and suit seem lazy. Character art in 3 is perfect, the background though doesn't seem like anything amazing.
The animation team in ep. 26 and 35 appears to be one of the same from the original, pre-filler series. They worked ep. like 30 and 133. They can get a little heavy on the speed distortion effects, but I've always like them. Flipping through, I think I can see some of the other original teams, but it doesn't look like any of them are being paid to produce the same standard of work they gave us in the first series.

As for backrounds? When this: Manga Sample consistanly becomes this: Sample 06
You learn to look forward to 'muddy'.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:33 pm

I guess that gives me a good idea of what to expect when jumping back into the series. Thanks a BUNCH for the help Coffee 54!!! :up:

Return to “Anime Screencaps”